Dodge Dart Forum banner

161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Was just messing around with my front end, tightened my lugs then went for a drive. Vibration has seemed to stop!

Check your lugs!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
they definitely still should... anyone know the build date qualifying range?
part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system,
or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler Group LLC.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS
AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF
THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT RELEASE 14.03 OR HIGHER TO
PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
SUBJECT:
Flash: Steering Wheel Vibration At Highway Speeds On Smooth Road
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves road testing and updating the software in the Electric Power Steering
(EPS). If required road force balancing and match mounting the tires and wheels.
MODELS:
2013-2014 (PF) Dart
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before February 09, 2014 (MDH
0209XX)
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A customer may experience a slight shimmy/shake in the steering wheel at speeds of 50 to
70 MPH (80 to 120 KPH). This is most noticeable on smooth roads. This should NOT be
mistaken for a normal tire vibration felt in the seat and steering wheel or at low speeds.
DIAGNOSIS:
SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
1-RF33 Hunter GSP9700 Road Force® Diagnostic Systems or
equivalent.
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Road test the vehicle at highway speeds between 50 to 70 mph to verify customer
complaint.
2. Was a vibration exhibited at the steering wheel?
a. Yes >>> Proceed to Step #3.
b. No >>> Check for updated software for the EPS module, proceed to Step #12.
3. Inspect tires and wheels for damage, mud or snow packing.
NUMBER: 08-041-14

There ya go.

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
rebalanced or you warped your rotors.... is the vibration persistent through braking?

·
Registered
545 Posts
part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system,
or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without written permission of Chrysler Group LLC.
HELP USING THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION FOR FLASHING AN ECU IS
AVAILABLE BY SELECTING “HELP” THEN “HELP CONTENTS” AT THE TOP OF
THE wiTECH DIAGNOSTIC APPLICATION WINDOW
THE wiTECH SOFTWARE LEVEL MUST BE AT RELEASE 14.03 OR HIGHER TO
PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE.
SUBJECT:
Flash: Steering Wheel Vibration At Highway Speeds On Smooth Road
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves road testing and updating the software in the Electric Power Steering
(EPS). If required road force balancing and match mounting the tires and wheels.
MODELS:
2013-2014 (PF) Dart
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before February 09, 2014 (MDH
0209XX)
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
A customer may experience a slight shimmy/shake in the steering wheel at speeds of 50 to
70 MPH (80 to 120 KPH). This is most noticeable on smooth roads. This should NOT be
mistaken for a normal tire vibration felt in the seat and steering wheel or at low speeds.
DIAGNOSIS:
SPECIAL TOOLS/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
1-RF33 Hunter GSP9700 Road Force® Diagnostic Systems or
equivalent.
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. Road test the vehicle at highway speeds between 50 to 70 mph to verify customer
complaint.
2. Was a vibration exhibited at the steering wheel?
a. Yes >>> Proceed to Step #3.
b. No >>> Check for updated software for the EPS module, proceed to Step #12.
3. Inspect tires and wheels for damage, mud or snow packing.
NUMBER: 08-041-14

There ya go.
Mine was built April and I took position in may..... I got the update..

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have had this issue randomly for a while- thought I got rid of it after getting new tires but is has gotten worse and this is after I had my tires balanced twice already. I assume this is the problem since it is so random. I drive the same stretch of road in the morning and sometimes it shakes and sometimes it doesn't. I have an appt tomorrow, I will let you all know if the flash solved my issue. BTW- my limited was built in November 2012 so it looks like it qualifies for the flash update.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Dealer confirmed the vibration and did the flash update for me today. They claimed it fixed it. I did not get a chance to get the Dart on the highway to confirm it. I will let you all know if it solved my issue after my drive to work tomorrow which is mostly highway.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Well after my 20 mile highway ride to work it seems to have fixed it! This thread really should be moved out of the 2.0 section and into the general section. People should really know about this. I have to wonder how much money and or labor has been spent balancing and rotating tires only to find out is it the electronic steering. I would never have known about this if it was for this forum.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Well after my 20 mile highway ride to work it seems to have fixed it! This thread really should be moved out of the 2.0 section and into the general section. People should really know about this. I have to wonder how much money and or labor has been spent balancing and rotating tires only to find out is it the electronic steering. I would never have known about this if it was for this forum.
I think it's 2.0 specific though

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I have had this issue randomly for a while- thought I got rid of it after getting new tires but is has gotten worse and this is after I had my tires balanced twice already. I assume this is the problem since it is so random. I drive the same stretch of road in the morning and sometimes it shakes and sometimes it doesn't. I have an appt tomorrow, I will let you all know if the flash solved my issue. BTW- my limited was built in November 2012 so it looks like it qualifies for the flash update.
Dealer confirmed the vibration and did the flash update for me today. They claimed it fixed it. I did not get a chance to get the Dart on the highway to confirm it. I will let you all know if it solved my issue after my drive to work tomorrow which is mostly highway.
dby2011,

Glad to hear everything was taken care of on your Dart.
This is great feedback and will certainly help other members if they encounter this same concern.
Cheers!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nah its all of them
Since it is the electric steering you would have to assume it's all of them. After driving a few days now I can definately say it was fixed with the software update. Very strange this would not show up in initial testing of the car and I bet 99% of owners would never think it would be a software update to solve it. This needs to be made aware to owners.

·
Registered
822 Posts
MY dealer finally was able to find the Flash for this, after pointing them in the right direction (twice). Blue goes in Thursday, after 20k miles they finally may fix it!

update, it's fixed, the flash did the trick!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Omg. I am having the same issue with my dart. Just dropped 400 dollars for two tires at my mechanics advise. Still has the vibration.. Smh. Has anyone figured this problem out yet and how to fix it. I'm supposed to take it back to my local garage to have him look at it again. Does anyone know if there is a recall on this problem yet?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Omg. I am having the same issue with my dart. Just dropped 400 dollars for two tires at my mechanics advise. Still has the vibration.. Smh. Has anyone figured this problem out yet and how to fix it. I'm supposed to take it back to my local garage to have him look at it again. Does anyone know if there is a recall on this problem yet?
read this entire string, there are several post here defining the TSB fix, including the code numbers and also explaining what the problem is. The hardest part is getting your dealership to acknowledge the problem and them finding the Flash update for it.

good luck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
read this entire string, there are several post here defining the TSB fix, including the code numbers and also explaining what the problem is. The hardest part is getting your dealership to acknowledge the problem and them finding the Flash update for it.

good luck.
My dealership found the flash and whatnot but I would have to pay $150 for the flash or the diagnostic, I don't remember which. Only because I have aftermarket wheels and those may be the cause according to them... My factory steelies are all the way in Nevada so I don't think it is going to be worth it to go to Nevada and back... Sooo I'll try and save up $150 for them to fix it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
My dealership found the flash and whatnot but I would have to pay $150 for the flash or the diagnostic, I don't remember which. Only because I have aftermarket wheels and those may be the cause according to them... My factory steelies are all the way in Nevada so I don't think it is going to be worth it to go to Nevada and back... Sooo I'll try and save up $150 for them to fix it.
they just ripping you off man, some darts have 18s from the factory, as long as it is not crazy setup and it has same specs as factory rims and tires they should take it with no problem, PLUS wheel vibration issues is not an official recall, but it is fact that darts need re flash steering wheel module, they shouldn't charge you for that, try different dealer

Also, if you want, we can swap your rims to mine and you can re flash your module and swap back, you know where you can find me ;)

161 - 180 of 217 Posts