Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope I'm posting this on the right place.
Yesterday 3/25 my girlfriend purchased a used 2013 Dart Rallye SXT 6-speed manual 1.4L from a used car dealership that luckily offers a 2 year warranty. The car worked great when we test drove it and then yesterday it wouldn't start at all. We let it sit overnight and then took it back to the dealership this morning and it did start. It only starts when quickly pumping the clutch and holding the fob in the start position. They replaced the clutch start switch and then the issue remained so we left it there and they replaced the starter. We picked up the car and it started, drove it to my girlfriends house and it started again then went to the gas station and it wouldn't start unless the clutch was pumped quickly while holding the fob in the start position. Any ideas on what it might be? Luckily it's under warranty but it would be great to have the car start like it's supposed to. I tried looking for a post with a similar issue but didn't see one. UPDATE After letting the car sit for a few hours it's starts and restarts with no problems. So it would seem that going say to work will work as the car starts after sitting for a few hours but running errands would be difficult as the car won't start after being driven for a bit. I can't figure what difference sitting for a few hours would make but it does

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Check the wiring and the connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts