Dodge Dart Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Because there is no awd platform with a manual so I believe there is a very real chance it won't have one and that upsets me very much. No manual means the new dsrt wont even be on my list of potentials and that also upsets me very much as I haven't been this in love with a new car design in a while.

And also this a very hostile forum, I don't know why but it is :/

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm all for a manual. My dad taught me how to drive one but I've just never owned a car with a manual. So if the DSRT comes in a manual that would be great!

But if it comes with paddles that would be cool too. I like paddles and I like a manual.

But people really do need to calm down and be nicer. We are all friends here. All sharing the same love for cars :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't think I'll ever understand the 100% refusal to purchase a semi-automatic or automatic transmission purely on the fact that you don't "feel" as connected to the driving experience. There are plenty of examples outside of Cars where people probably go quite the opposite direction. I'm going to buy a powder rifle, cause I feel more connected to the act of firing a projectile I just shoved down the barrel and packed wad over............I'm not going to put A/C into my house because opening the windows makes me feel more 'connected' to nature's cooling breeze. Lets get practical here, since both manual and semi-auto clutch based systems are mostly identical (save the robotic-ness) if I give an input and the output is the same then what is the difference? Perhaps the loss of "connection" you are feeling is just simply not knowing what to do with yourself now that you have an extra arm and leg just sitting there. Is pushing your left foot on a pedal and using your right hand to shift adding that much? or is it really taking away? There are other things you could be using that portion of your brain to focus on.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I don't think I'll ever understand the 100% refusal to purchase a semi-automatic or automatic transmission purely on the fact that you don't "feel" as connected to the driving experience. There are plenty of examples outside of Cars where people probably go quite the opposite direction. I'm going to buy a powder rifle, cause I feel more connected to the act of firing a projectile I just shoved down the barrel and packed wad over............I'm not going to put A/C into my house because opening the windows makes me feel more 'connected' to nature's cooling breeze. Lets get practical here, since both manual and semi-auto clutch based systems are mostly identical (save the robotic-ness) if I give an input and the output is the same then what is the difference? Perhaps the loss of "connection" you are feeling is just simply not knowing what to do with yourself now that you have an extra arm and leg just sitting there. Is pushing your left foot on a pedal and using your right hand to shift adding that much? or is it really taking away? There are other things you could be using that portion of your brain to focus on.
I don't enjoy driving automatics period. I'm not spending 30 grand on something I don't enjoy driving lol....not that hard to understand....

·
Registered
548 Posts
The reason for the hostility is we have some very passionate people about their cars as they should be it is their right. If you love your manual or automatic you have the right to express your opinion. Now this hostility isn't directed towards any one person so those that are taking offense to it need to suck it up and stop.
family guy.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,808 Posts
@swojcik you summed it up pretty well there... time to close this one out.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
25 Replies
13 Participants
youngsmith53
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing