Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently replaced the clutch, slave cylinder, and flywheel on a 2016 Dodge Dart. The only way I can get pressure on the clutch pedal is by pumping it a bunch of times with the bleeder valve closed. When I did have pressure on the clutch pedal something is squeaking in the transmission? And when I try to manually bleed the clutch system it falls to the floor. And then I have to close the bleeder valve and pump the pedal until it has pressure? I also didn’t put any lubricant on the new slave cylinder because the 2 YouTube videos I watched they didn’t do it or bench bleed the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Dart 2.4 SXT
40 Posts
The slave cylinder line connection is known for failure. Take a look at the connection (where the line meets the slave, a small metal clip holds them together) while someone pumps the clutch pedal, look for any movement or wetness. Replacing the whole line is recommended. A quick fix would involve replacing the o-ring or simply wrapping the line with tape. I've used 25mm heatsink tubing in the past with great success. The squeaking is either the clutch fork or throw-out bearing. In that case, you need a rebuild or new transmission depending on your situation (sometimes getting a used transmission with <50k miles for $300 makes more sense than taking apart the clutch to install $400 worth of parts, just to replace the clutch disk a few months later). Take it to a shop, tell them you want a used transmission installed.
Also, when bleeding any system, never let the pedal hit the floor, that is when air comes into the system. Have someone push the pedal half way and hold, open the bleeder for a split second as to not let the pedal hit the floor and close it, repeat until all air is out.
Edit: I glossed over the part where you said multiple transmission parts where changed and went straight to air in the slave lines. Ignore most of what I said, just bleed your slave cylinder correctly as mentioned above, it's a two person job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts