Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the factory parts list and found these part numbers
05168053AB - Sport Suspension.
STABILIZER BAR. Front. [SDE], Bushing and Clamp included in Assembly. . Required: 001
68150103AA - STABILIZER BAR. Front. [SDC], Bushing and Clamp included in Assembly.
Touring Suspension. . Required: 001
Does anybody know what models are equipped with sport or touring?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
STABILIZER BAR. Front. [SDE], Bushing and Clamp included in Assembly. . Required: 001
68150103AA - STABILIZER BAR. Front. [SDC], Bushing and Clamp included in Assembly.
Idk but ima talk to my dealer to see about this

·
Registered
220 Posts
In for answer

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I'd like to know too... this car handles tighter than i thought it would. I know the struts on my rallye at least have tokico stamped on them... then again... so did my neons stock struts... and they were pretty lame.. maybe I'll look for a part number on them tomorrow and compare.

Edit: I see its for a sway bar, not struts.. oops.
sent from my butt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
After looking up my VIN at Chrysler and decoding the sales codes. I found it to be that my Dart has SDC=Touring Suspension sales code. SDE=Sport Suspension, now the photographs at the dealer do not show any difference between the Strut and the Sway Bar. But if you can change to the different suspension style, there are a few corresponding parts that need changing as well.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
How do I find out what my sales codes are?

sent from my butt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After looking up my VIN at Chrysler and decoding the sales codes. I found it to be that my Dart has SDC=Touring Suspension sales code. SDE=Sport Suspension, now the photographs at the dealer do not show any difference between the Strut and the Sway Bar. But if you can change to the different suspension style, there are a few corresponding parts that need changing as well.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
69 Posts
GT has sport

Limited/Rallye have touring

·
Registered
454 Posts
That would be the GT.
I picked up the 2014 GT, about four days ago. I was told by the dealer it has stiffer suspension torsion bars and 18" wheels with tighter steering box.
Sorry, no specs and the manual is generic and list all options not just the options for my car. For instance I looked in the manual for headlamp replacement bulbs
and I get two: D3S hid (Bi-Xenon) & HIR2 (Bi-Halogen). I can't find anything about suspension.

~Todd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dart gt sport, the one with the hood scoop.
Is it possible that any sport denotation has a hood scoop, suspension????
I've had 4 darts, the dart gt sport is clearly the premium choice for performance, go for the sun and sound package, low milage and you're a winner.

·
Premium Member
6,471 Posts
Dart gt sport, the one with the hood scoop.
Is it possible that any sport denotation has a hood scoop, suspension????
I've had 4 darts, the dart gt sport is clearly the premium choice for performance, go for the sun and sound package, low milage and you're a winner.
The "GT Sport" doesn't mean anything. It was just a new trim that they invented in the second half of the 2016 model year, when they re-aligned all the trim levels on the Dart to blow out all the parts they had left. I believe the GT Sport was a blend of parts from what were previously the Dart GT and Dart SXT. It doesn't offer anything that a previous Dart GT didn't offer, and I don't know if it had the sport suspension from the GT or the touring suspension from the Rallye. Let's be real, it might vary from car to car, because if they ran out of one type of suspension they probably just switched over. They far past the point of caring the if the cars were made with the "correct" parts at that point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts