Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I changed my spark plugs at roughly 55k. While I was getting my oil changed i asked my local mechanic about the interval change. Well what he told me that most new car a days have iridium plugs and that they are good up to 100k. He told me that i changed my plugs way too early. He also did say that the copper ones you would need to change every 30k but not the iridium. My car is coming up on 30k since I last changed them. So who do I believe? You guys say to replace every 30k. Or are my plugs good till 100k?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hello. I changed my spark plugs at roughly 55k. While I was getting my oil changed i asked my local mechanic about the interval change. Well what he told me that most new car a days have iridium plugs and that they are good up to 100k. He told me that i changed my plugs way too early. He also did say that the copper ones you would need to change every 30k but not the iridium. My car is coming up on 30k since I last changed them. So who do I believe? You guys say to replace every 30k. Or are my plugs good till 100k?
Check your owners manual it will tell you. The manual for my 1.4 that takes iridium says replace every 30K, IIRC the other models may be 100K, bu the manual will tell you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have the turbo, i believe the manual says 30k and the other 2 at 100k. But nearly every car using iridium plugs will last way over 100k, it's just an industry standard to replace them then. Parts are a lot better than they were 30 years ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
take one out and check it. I have 2.4l and changed mine at 50k and then at 89k, I could tell right away that they needed to be changed. It took 15 minutes without beer.

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
Yeah it depends on the motor as mentioned about. Turbo is 30k, NA's are 100k. I replaced mine at 80k and they definitely needed it. Although I was running the RRM tuner on it for a while too so that probably contributed :)

I replaced mine with Coppers though, which from many members on here they do say to replace every > 30k miles. I will probably replace mine every 3rd oil change. I am not sure if I will even get to that point though, I am looking to upgrade to a Scat Pack next spring. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts