Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Aero SE w/8.4 Nav
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, just as an FYI if anyone hasn't upgraded their system yet that may want to, I did just have a sub and amp installed (couldn't get the time to do it myself, and when I DID it was very inclement weather and NO garage!) and I have to say the results are great! Later on, I'll be continuing to modify and add to the system, but for now here's what I've got:

Memphis Audio Amp: SRX250.1
Pioneer Sub: TS-SW841D
LOC: PAC - LocPRO 2-Channel Line Output Converter

Installed the sub in the stock location free air. IT HITS. It's only running less than 120w (which is the rating) until I get my box that I had built for it modified to fit, but it definitely adds to the sound. Crazy thing is, I noted that the deck vibrates, like, I can watch it oscillating. I have the amp mounted to a chunk of plywood attached to the deck to isolate the two metal bodies, as well as the LOC. Gonna definitely have to install some damping material, and likely use some foam or something to secure the RFH and keep it from shaking also.

I'll get pictures later, haven't had a chance but I wanted to share that this is a great combination even if you don't want to have a box hanging out.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Installed the sub in the stock location free air. IT HITS. It's only running less than 120w (which is the rating) until I get my box that I had built for it modified to fit, but it definitely adds to the sound. Crazy thing is, I noted that the deck vibrates, like, I can watch it oscillating.
Skip the deck reinforcement and switch to a box.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 1000 watt audiopipe bdx12 in a box with a 1000 watt nvm amp and my deck doesn’t vibrate. I think your set up is transferring the vibration directly into the chassis.

·
Registered
2016 Aero SE w/8.4 Nav
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 1000 watt audiopipe bdx12 in a box with a 1000 watt nvm amp and my deck doesn’t vibrate. I think your set up is transferring the vibration directly into the chassis.
Wouldn't doubt it, it's bolted to the deck in that nice Lil sub spot

·
Registered
2016 Aero SE w/8.4 Nav
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So here's a few pics showing what I could without opening things up farther than I want to right now. I have a couple videos showing the entire structure vibrating but idk how to upload those easily so lol Eventually I'll get more into it. Likely next time I take some leave from work.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts