Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this car is having a complete meltdown. It started with just a U11F6 (telematics module) and flashing odometer, which indicates a need for proxy alignment as I understand it. Then something was causing the battery to discharge, so I bought an obdlink mx+ to scan for others, and have come up with a dozen different codes, on and off. I won't list them all - many are relatively trivial (speaker output, antenna issues, etc.), but others seem pretty crucial. I think the main persistent things I want to correct are the C2206 (ABS config mismatch), U0420 (ABS invalid dada from PSCM), U0415 (PSCM implausible data from ABS), and B2204 (ECU config mismatch). The ABS/power steering stuff is disabling the traction control system, hill start assist, and the cruise control; I am going to try to sell this car and really don't want to sell it with safety systems not functioning. Obviously something is configured incorrectly, and I have no clue as to what or how. Is there some database where I can enter my VIN and see how the car is supposed to be configured, and change it with the obdlink? How can I go about getting these systems to talk to each other again??

In an seperate issue, I have also intermittently seen P1065 (cyl 1 oil supply solenoid valve switch) and a CEL for P0301 (cyl 1 misfire). When this happens the car shakes like a weed whacker and doesn't accelerate for anything. Pulling over, key out, door open, and then restarting tends to "fix" it when it happens. Oil change due message came up 3,000 - 4,000 miles earlier than I normally have seen it over 89,000 miles of ownership. Lifetime oil changes were included when I purchased the car new, and the car has only ever had its oil changed at the dealership. I am thinking that they possibly used the wrong oil? Car is out of warranty, a warranty which I had to use SEVERAL different times, fighting the dealership every step of the way to perform services correctly and thoroughly. I'm wondering if an oil analysis would reveal if they used the wrong oil, and if I would have any recourse if that were the case? As I understand it, the oil supply solenoid valves are part of the multi air system and must be replaced as a unit. NOT a repair I want to pay for, do myself, or saddle some other poor schlub with once they've bought my dart...

Long post, too many questions, I'm sorry. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
5,337 Posts
PROXI configuration won't complete if there is something causing the configuration problem. When it doesn't complete you could get other things that the BCM thinks is wrong. Could be the bluetooth module (CTM). Get a compression test and leak down test to diagnose the misfire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PROXI configuration won't complete if there is something causing the configuration problem. When it doesn't complete you could get other things that the BCM thinks is wrong. Could be the bluetooth module (CTM). Get a compression test and leak down test to diagnose the misfire.
So because I tried to do a proxi alignment without replacing the faulty bluetooth module, the bcm is now confused and thinks all this other stuff is wrong? This is a bummer, man. I was really hoping to not tear the dashboard apart to replace the telematics module. And there's no guarantee that replacing it will even get the abs/pscm to agree again, much less the ten other codes being thrown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts