Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife had yet another idiot change lanes into her today. Guy was like "you were in my blind spot" to which she quickly replied "YOU COULDN'T SEE THAT BRIGHT A$$ ORANGE CAR?! For that matter, we have been stopping at every red light together for the last 5 miles, one of which I caught you staring!" I love my wife! But I SO dread going through this again. I haven't gotten over the last time yet.

20160516_153931.jpg
20160516_153823.jpg
20160516_153839.jpg
20160516_153843.jpg

I don't know JUST how bad it is yet. I do know the whole right side will have to be painted again. UGH!!

Maybe I can squeeze a new set of wheels out of it this time.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Darts are four-wheeled shit magnets. There are enough threads on this forum with similar stories that I'm quite convinced of that fact. Glad your wife is okay, and I hope they get your car fixed up as good as new.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
owch, its not enough damage to really be an issue but the amount of labor for a bodyman to fix something like that, owch. Good luck with your repairs.

·
Premium Member
6,421 Posts
Darts are four-wheeled shit magnets. There are enough threads on this forum with similar stories that I'm quite convinced of that fact. Glad your wife is okay, and I hope they get your car fixed up as good as new.
He has his own bodyshop, he has a whole thread about repainting his entire car because the factory paint job was such crap and they wouldn't do anything about it.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
He has his own bodyshop, he has a whole thread about repainting his entire car because the factory paint job was such crap and they wouldn't do anything about it.
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-appearance/27536-story-joe-dart.html is the thread :)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Meh, it'll buff out! :D

Sucks man, hope it all works out.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Yesterday's shit was a half full can of Arizona iced tea. That sucker hit my front bumper, then my windshield, then skidded off my roof. Left a nice chip on the bumper.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. Yeah it will get worked out (and at least this time I know the paint that is on it is good!), but its still going to be a HUGE PITA dealing with Progressive, especially with "custom paint" and it being my car. The Geico adjuster that comes to my shop is a friend, the Progressive guy.... well..... just be looking for a mushroom cloud from the S.E.

It will have to have 2 doors (yes, the one that hasnt been on for a full year, and the rear as well) and I will have to repair the quarter panel

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
That sucks... but part of me is glad to know it's not just my car. In the first week of ownership, I had someone hit the rear bumper in a lot and cause over 2k in damages, then not even a week later someone opened their door into the passenger side and dented the hell out of it. Not sure why people are so careless and un-thoughtful.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this will be the second $5k or more wreck in a year. And this time it has 3 stage paint. Why oh why! FML

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been saying THIS for years. Believe me. 6 accidents 2 darts, 1 totaled. All not my fault. I have become uncomfortably knowledgeable with insurance and the laws of it...
It gets old, doesn't it!?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Well, in two years of ownership I've been scraped against in a parking lot, hit by various unidentified flying objects (including a hubcap that flew off the car in front of me), and had so many close calls I sometimes wonder if somebody upstairs is trying to kill me (or else hates Darts). My life has never been this adventurous in either of my two older vehicles, neither of which have half the number of dings and scratches in them as my Dart has collected in a quarter of the time! :(

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if it gets hit again after this, i quit

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Make sure you scratch up the fuel cover. Then you can get the Mopar cover, lol.

Reactions: preed4962

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I truly believe if I change anything else about the car, I will be wifeless!

She already tells me how she doesn't like driving around in it. I'm over here like orly? WTF!?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Women are very perceptive and emotional about things. In all likelihood she's starting to feel your Dart is jinxed. My wife feels the same way about her new Subaru, which has had a different set of bad luck the past few months.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts