Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well turns out that apparently Dodge Techs are useless. They Claimed to me on the phone is was "MUD", but on the sheet we were handed which they have not given us, had the words "Smells like burning cow manure"..... We were then asked if we lived near or in the country, and I so wanted to say yeah we live in the suburbs, and drive to work in the city, but every morning I drive up the to farm and take a couple laps round the old cow pasture for kicks!!! Anyway, after talking to the service manager who has a functioning brain, he took the car out and he agreed that the car had some hesitation, while shifting. Ended up being diagnosed as a transmission problem, and specifically said he had to replace the dry clutch. Hopefully once we drop the car off friday it will fix the problem. The tranny since then has been slipping alot, especially from dead stops. Gotta love this car....... LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I must say these transmission suck, after getting my car back a week later, the dealership said it was a loose connector on the shifter something or other don't remember exactly on the transmission, I made it almost exactly 20 miles and she breaks down again in the same fashion.

1. 11/8- Smoke and burning smell in cabin, Chrysler said it just the design of the transmission
  2. 11/27 - Service transmission CEL was told it was fixed, a loose connector was found.
  3. 12/3 - While driving car home from dealership after "fix". Service transmission CEL. Dealer calls doesn't say a word about whats wrong, just replacing the transmission.
As of now I haven't had a problem with the new transmission so I've got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Same smell with my manual...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here, ddct stuck in traffic and terrible smell... Was thinking of the car in from of me until the smoke came in by the duct.. Took a look underneath the hood and smoke was coming out between engine and tranny... Around there.
Call my dealer to see if he knows something about that on other car and no... First time he ear that, so if somebody have an answer sometime please let us know

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dodge Dart 2014 Limited Smell inside cabin

I am also facing similar problem smells like a hot metal started a month back never had any problems in summer, dealership unable to reproduce for 2 times
about 5000 miles
Tried to find
1. If heated seat
2. heated steering wheel
3. No visible oil leak
for sure it is coming from vents
Please help

Thanks
Brijesh

·
Registered
11 Posts
After taking my manual 1.4T to the dealership 3 times, they finally contacted Dodge. Dodge came back with the same cases that were posted here that I had given them the 2nd time I brought my car in. Since they heard it from Dodge, they actually acted on it and replaced my Turbo down pipe exhaust gasket via the following case. I will report back if this actually fixes my issue.

Case Number: S1309000024
Release Date: 08/20/2013
Symptom/Vehicle Issue:
Exhaust Smell Or Odor
Diagnosis:
Customer may comment they are experiencing an exhaust smell or odor entering the car when engine is running. Inspection of the turbo outlet mounting to the exhaust pipe may reveal a misalignment of the mounting surface. (FIG 1) If misalignment is found follow the repair procedure below.

Repair Procedure:
1. Remove clamp from turbo.
2. Loosen all 4 fasteners on exhaust catalytic converter bracket and fastener on flex pipe.
3. Remove and replace turbo gasket, position gasket on turbo side.
4. Align turbo and exhaust flanges.
5. Place v-band clamp over flanges and tighten to 8Nm.
Note: Support catalytic converter while applying torque to v-band.
6. Tighten all 4 fasteners on exhaust catalytic converter bracket and fastener on flex pipe to 25Nm.
Parts Required:
1 68096257AA Turbo V-Clamp
1 68096255AA Turbo Gasket
Verification:
Start engine and verify no exhaust leakage is present around the turbo and exhaust flange.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't had the burning smell since they fixed it a couple weeks ago. I'm glad they finally fixed it, I haven't had any other issues with the car in over 2 years of owning it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
All I can say from experience. When I got My blow off valve and Intake. I was beating the shit out of my Dart. That's when I noticed some of these symptoms. White smoke through the vents. Burning smell. I call it riding hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This has also happened to me, had to get a new wiring assembly because it fried the wires.

Have you checked into the air compressor? That's actually what I was looking for when coming upon this.

A lot of members on this forum including myself had experience the burning smell in our cabins. A few have found out that it is the DRL socket. Soemetimes the lights gets so hot that it actually burns the socket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My service manager called me back today and told me that they traced the problem back to the DDCT transmission. The service techs at the dealership are unable to further diagnose/fix the problem without assistance from Chrysler. They issued me a rental and just basically told me to keep it until I get a call back from them.

I mentioned to them the possibility of loose tape, leaking fluids or just electrical wires that went bad, but they said that its the transmission. I'm glad that they issued me a rental to get to and from work, but hopefully it wont mean that my car will be out of commission for a long period of time.
Same smell with my manual...
Did anything come of this? I, also, drive a manual. It never can be duplicated, always random. Question whether it could possibly be the air compressor going out.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts