Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Rallye 1.4L Turbo on Monday, July 23 and on July 24 it was in the shop! As I returned to the dealership in Boise on Tuesday evening, I completely lost my clutch as I downshifted before a red light. I called my dealer and he and one of the head mechanics came and got my car. I have to say, they scrambled to find an answer as to why I lost my clutch. The next day, I was told that a slave cylinder was on order and should arrive the following day, Thursday, around 2 pm and the engineer from the plant would arrive around 8 pm. On Friday, the mechanic told me that the cylinder he had ordered would have done the same thing my original cylinder would have done and that was to blow out the seal. He had been instructed by the engineer not to put the ordered cylinder in but he would be bringing one with him. After the new part was installed, I was told the engineer sat in my car and pumped the clutch 4000 times. I was also told that the cars on the line had a tech sitting in them, pumping the clutch 5000 times before they were to be released.
Has anyone else had any problems with their clutch?? I will tell you now, the way the dealership and engineers scrambled to get my car back to me as soon as possible only confirmed my decision in Dodge even more. I was well taken care of and have my car back...and she's running fine!

Thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nice!!! good to hear. Will have to keep this in mind. Also, welcome to the forums! Maybe post some pics of her!

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I believe I have read your story on another forum site recently. No problems so far but thanks for the heads up!

@Sheibs....the Rallye comes with the 2.0l or 1.4l for an add-on.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Well their customer service was one of the things they focused on in recent months, so I would hope it has improved. lol

Hope it works out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have had the same problem with my 1.4 raylle 6 spd man started in reverse car started to back up with foot on clutch to the floor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts