Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m certain that the slave cylinder quite, I had a periodic squeal coming form the engine area for a few months, Mainly while idle... and for the last few months noticed a spongie feel in the clutch with a much lower shift point, didn’t pay much mind... I had thought the squeal was a the water pump, Giving the mileage, and I ordered an oem timing kit, and was sending it to the garage next week to be replaced, however I had a whole suspension overhaul, done this past Wednesday And picked up my car this morning... Did some running around and while on my way stopped at stop sign Threw it in first and started off got to 15 mph and went to shift to 2nd and clutch was at the floor.... I said wtf and pulled over while putting the car into neutral, popped E brake And opened the hood looking for leaks, under the body etc.... jumped back in and used my foot to pull the clutch back up... a few pumps and it felt normal.... 1.5mi to my house I decided to bring it back and park it... luckily I was able.... started the car and the squeal was very apparent until I pressed the clutch and it stopped... did it again and same thing... til finally the clutch went right to the floor, no more play. No nothing, and it’s dripping brake fluid like crazy???? What should I do, change the clutch and keep on keepin on??? Wondering if anyone had experience this...

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
The slave cylinder/throw out bearing is inside the bellhousing and you will need to remove the trans to get to it. As long as you have the trans out, replace the clutch since it likely is soaked with hydraulic fluid. This has been a common problem on Darts with a manual transaxle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that... thanks... I’m gonna Get some quotes and like I said no Warranty....so if you have any suggestions much appreciate it

·
Super Moderator
4,607 Posts
If you have never pulled a trans, don't do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts