AGS delete
MPx/Autometer A-pillar dual gauge pod
Autometer 5903 boost gauge
Aeroforce Interceptor gauge
Sport Tuning T2 16x7 wheels
Modern Performance carbon fiber hood
Modern Performance carbon fiber trunk lid
Factory black housing headlights

Eurocompulsion/HPSI silicone stuff in blue.

Close up of Eurocompulsion/HPSI cold side silicone pipe at throttle body.

Close up of Eurocompulsion/HPSI silicone CAI and vacuum lines. Hot side silicone pipe can be seen, too.

Eurocompulsion/HPSI silicone ram air tube.

Eurocompulsion/HPSI silicone cold side pipe connected to intercooler.

Eurocompulsion/HPSI silicone hot side pipe connected to intercooler.

Eurocompulsion boost retainer valve.

PTP turbo blanket, and Eurocompulsion/HPSI intercooler pipes.

OBX dual exit cat back exhaust. This car was an Aero, so this was a conversion from single exhaust.

GFB DV+ diverter valve.

Craven Speed throttle body spacer. I'm using the port on the spacer for both my boost gauge and the pressure switch for the Eurocompulsion/HPSI boost retainer valve.

MPx/Autometer A-pillar dual gauge pod, Autometer 5903 boost gauge, and Aeroforce Interceptor gauge.

Tire Rack Sport Tuning T2 wheels in factory 16x7 size, 8 pounds lighter than the stock wheels.

Modern Performance carbon fiber GTS tribute hood.

Modern Performance carbon fiber PVO style trunk lid.

Replaced silver headlight housings with used factory black housings.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I named my Dart Mini Me because it looks like a little version of my Charger.

i got my Dart to be my daily driver. When I bought it, I swore I wouldn't mod it.

Well except for getting rid of the ghastly front plate.

But other than that, the car was intended to be a utility, and nothing more.

Well, that didn't last long LOL. We got rear ended a year in, just a little scuffle that scraped the lower valence. I replaced that with a valence with dual exhaust cutouts. Oops, had to fill them, so I got the Magnaflow catback exhaust. And you can't just get an exhaust, so I also grabbed an Injen CAI and GFB DV+. And then I declared it was good, and that I would buy no more.

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Very very nice. Those blue/purple pipes sure show up! "i got my Dart to be my daily driver. When I bought it, I swore I wouldn't mod it." :haha: Nice pictures. I like the classic black sinister sleeper look.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Really loving what you've done so far man; looking all the more forward to having a little extra money come my way so I can pamper my baby, too.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
After installing the boost gauge, I noticed that my boost seemed a bit lower than usual. Since I installed the throttle body spacer and boost gauge, I decided it was a good time to do a boost leak check. Got boost leak tester? Anyone modifying their turbo Dart should have one. I got mine here:

PRODUCTS - BOOST LEAK TESTERS - By Size - Universal - 2 inch - TURBO BOOST LEAK TESTERS

One thing to note when performing the test: if you have left the factory boost leak on the evap line unmodified, you will have to temporarily plug it to perform a boost leak check.

I'm glad I checked it. One of the molded ports on my Eurocompulsion cold side pipe, the one I use for my MAP sensor, was found to be leaking. Here is how I had it:

I removed the vacuum line and plastic hose insert, installed the MAP sensor directly on the molded port, and tested again. No more leak. And that turned out to be my only leak.

I took it for a test drive after and was happy to see that I had found my few missing pounds of boost.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
@sharkcohen bay area darts are always the nicest ones :)

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Looks great so far man.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.