Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a visual garage shark fin antenna. the same one that some other members have ordered. mine is redline to match my dart. i will be installing most likely tomorrow because my car is sitting at the dealer because i am still driving a customers car for a stalling concern that wont happen. here are some pictures of the antenna itself...

ps. dont mind the messy coffee table. cleaning and organizing the new house is a chore in itself..nevermind everything that has to be completed throughout the day. got stuff everywhere currently. slowly but surely getting there..

Reactions: SWFT_ONE

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looks great, can you let us know if it affects signal/quality at all ? :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ absolutly. once i install and test it out a couple days i will update and give a review

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Much better than OEM...I just can't bring myself to pay any more than $20 for something like this....let alone the $81 they are asking for one?!

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Much better than OEM...I just can't bring myself to pay any more than $20 for something like this....let alone the $81 they are asking for one?!
Gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you pay ~$20 for a shark fin, it's definitely going to be just a plastic shell, probably not paint-matched to this quality. Your radio reception will be zero. This one comes with near perfectly matched paint (in my experience) and two types of internal antennas that get you close to OEM AM/FM reception. I suppose with a cheap fin, you could just go glossy black and not worry about it, but you'll probably have to accept that your radio is disabled.

·
Registered
550 Posts
looks huge....if I am going to pay $80 bucks it better have equal or better reception than factory.
Then get a 3 foot antenna post. =]

No shark-fin will ever have better reception (or equal for that matter) to stock function because you simply don't have the height/length to pick up them far out stations. It will be equal for local stations though. Unless, perhaps, a signal amplifier may work?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks huge....if I am going to pay $80 bucks it better have equal or better reception than factory.
its really not big. it is just about the size of the factory antenna. mine fits around nice with just a little room side to side and front to back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DodgeDart

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I ordered one, should be here soon....

But I got mine off of Ebay.. Anyone else ? Is it easy to swap antennas ?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
got mine on a couple weeks ago in black...looks so much cleaner!

can't tell any difference in reception either...it does take about 2-3 weeks to get it though...placement was a bit tricky too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
got mine on a couple weeks ago in black...looks so much cleaner!

can't tell any difference in reception either...it does take about 2-3 weeks to get it though...placement was a bit tricky too.
Agreeed, I put my Shark fin on over Christmas... It was my give to me that my wife gave me.. you know what i mean.. LOL
Looks so much better, now i need mud guards, and some painting done.. SOON !!! One thing at a time.

Mike

1 - 20 of 58 Posts