Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience this? Its not super terrible but even our 06 trailblazer doesnt seem to do it at same speed while on throttle. The dart only does this around 75mph under throttle. The steering wheel has a nice vibrate when it hit pedal going pretty fast and goes back to smooth as soon as i release. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
2,199 Posts
Anyone experience this? Its not super terrible but even our 06 trailblazer doesnt seem to do it at same speed while on throttle. The dart only does this around 75mph under throttle. The steering wheel has a nice vibrate when it hit pedal going pretty fast and goes back to smooth as soon as i release. Is this normal?
i haven't experienced this. Bump for curious minds.......

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Had this issue with my WK but at lower speeds ~50-70mph. It ended up being a bad tire. Definitely check your tread, and make sure the shape isn't off. One tire shook the entire Grand Cherokee, so check your tires, all four of them. It could be something as simple as a wheel being out of balance, but this sounds like a tire issue, I think. On the back end, you could feel the truck wobbling, but not nearly as bad as when it was up front (rotated the tires to see if that helped).

~~
It could also be a hub bearing but that's something pretty easy to diagnose.. had that issue in my Neon, ages ago. lol

I may be wrong, but it's something worth checking that's pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thanks man, that's a huge possibility. My threads are low and need new tires. I needed a little time to get them and it looks like the front right is slightly more worn then the front left. So when i do im going to get an aliment aswell. Ill post back.

Had this issue with my WK but at lower speeds ~50-70mph. It ended up being a bad tire. Definitely check your tread, and make sure the shape isn't off. One tire shook the entire Grand Cherokee, so check your tires, all four of them. It could be something as simple as a wheel being out of balance, but this sounds like a tire issue, I think. On the back end, you could feel the truck wobbling, but not nearly as bad as when it was up front (rotated the tires to see if that helped).

~~
It could also be a hub bearing but that's something pretty easy to diagnose.. had that issue in my Neon, ages ago. lol

I may be wrong, but it's something worth checking that's pretty easy to do.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
Yeah thanks man, that's a huge possibility. My threads are low and need new tires. I needed a little time to get them and it looks like the front right is slightly more worn then the front left. So when i do im going to get an aliment aswell. Ill post back.
The more worn tread could also be a sign of lower/higher inflation on that tire (depending on wear pattern). Might not be low enough to trigger the TPMS, but enough of a difference between it and the other three over time, for it to show, especially if you're having to save for some new tires. (expensive little bleeps, tires. lol)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would 3 to 4 psi do it ? It is about 3 to 4psi lower then other tire. The car does drive perfectly straight on highway without touching steering wheel to put the alignment theory down?

The more worn tread could also be a sign of lower/higher inflation on that tire (depending on wear pattern). Might not be low enough to trigger the TPMS, but enough of a difference between it and the other three over time, for it to show, especially if you're having to save for some new tires. (expensive little bleeps, tires. lol)

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I wouldn't say that's enough to make your car do what it's doing. 3-4psi is what your tires probably fluctuate through given ambient and friction temperatures alone throughout the day. Nah, I'd definitely still have the alignment checked just in case that's why there's more/different wear on that tire, if not the tire itself being the problem.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have had that exact problem, tire shop could not figure it out... eventually they Road Force balanced the wheels and tires and all was good.

Find a shop that has the ability to Road Force Balance the wheels and tires.. It will stop the vibrations.

Road Force Balancing use vehicle simulated weight against the tire as it spins to determine balance.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Possible bad CV Axle or wheel bearing. I have similar issues and just found out my driver side CV axle is going bad, the inside joint.
New shaft should be arriving today and hopefully it will be on by tonight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts