Dodge Dart Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
"I pressed the gas pedal and I'm get nothing but revs and no forward acceleration"
So did you have this condition starting BEFORE the failure?
I ask because in the last week twice I've slowed down from 40 mph to around 15 mph and when I press the gas pedal NOTHING happens for a second and then I get rev's up to 2k then the DDCT engages.
I'm just over 20,100 miles on the car and I'm not looking forward to the possibility I'll join this club

No, I had no issues with my Dart prior to this failure. Took it to the dealer yesterday and they found an issue with the Hydraulic Control. They are going to replace the entire Valve Body. They didn't give any more information than that, though. I'll keep y'all updated once I know more. I'm at 25k miles, by the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any updates on your Dart Mine went in April 10th towed to dealership, same issue car broke out of cruise control said service transmission and then stalled in the middle of i 40 with my 2 yr old son in the car. Got the car into the ditch, turned it off. Tried to start again gor engine to hot message, and then it died again wouldn't shift into any gears said gear not available. Chrysler towed to dealership after 2 hrs wait. They've had it 31 days now, put in a new TCM same issues, said they are working with Chrysler and putting in new transmission wiring harness, but of course that's backordered. I'm hoping you have some success because i'm about to invoke the lemon law and get rid of this thing ASAP. They refuse to give me any regular updates and no timetable. I'm driving a rental that they are paying for another Dart, but i'm beyond frustrated.

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
On mine they said the hydraulic pump is overheating, but that I drive a "bit aggressive" (their printed comment) and that that could be the problem (in their estimation). Waiting for the final call from FCA on whether they will fix it...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Currently 3 a.m. and not to happy with having to call off work today. I walk out and start the car this morning and it says service transmission with a engine light on as well. I try to put it into reverse it proceeds to tell me "gear not available, switch to neutral and then to drive or reverse" Long story short after turning on and off several times and with no luck. I will be seeing the dealer today, sad thing is i have a oil change and the first recall on it via appt tomorrow morning. Anyone else having the same problem? Also car is at 10,500 miles and is a 1.4 turbo with the dual dry clutch transmission. Thanks in advance been wanting to join here unfortunately its because of a problem :(
This problem is very odd, but with all of the computer systems that are now in cars, it could be something as simple as a sensor gone haywire. Regardless, i hope this issue has been resolved and that now everyone knows what to do in case this happens.
Tyson

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Sorry guys I'm usually on the 1.4 stuff. Yes it was fixed. They had a recall and after roughly 2 weeks, it was fixed. I was told it was only on the 1.4/ddct combo. The dealer should know about your recall if you're having problems

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
What cracks me up on the high performance cars like the 4C, Corvette, etc, is that they have all kinds of cool looking ducts in the body that channel air to the parts that need cooling. Then, when you drive with a spirited style (or stop and go traffic as with the 4C) the transmissions overheat! They all have different technologies but they still over heat! New Z06 supercharged Vette... Heatsoak! Sorry guys! Nice to wash and wax though!

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Reading manual on the road.....
aalfa.jpg
"Let's see here... they added an extra lower duct to cool the brakes because of the speed I'll be making when I get on it. Now... where's the section on my overheated ddct? Oh..ok... it says call 800 number to order a complimentary hand held fan to use every 40 miles or overheating. Which ever comes first."
afan.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had the same issues with my 2013 1.4 ddct. First wouldn't start, took 3 times to start, and then the engine light was on. They ended up replacing the StarCase Wiring ( I believe is what they called it. Service adviser stated vehicle lost communications with the transmission control module star case). Then a week later, the car was showing Service Transmission. This time around they had to replace the electrical bus system. And in the same shop time, the adviser said tech was having to adjust the pins in the transmission, and also replacing the Transmission control module. Well, they didn't put the TCM on there properly so while I was driving home from the dealership, the car ended up stopping on me. It was flashing gear shift no available in the dash. Had it towed in. Then, replaced the TCM the proper way according to my adviser. And now I'm having to have the Valve body replaced. I was told it was okay to drive until the part comes in in 3 to 5 days. All of this at about 13,000 miles to 15,000. I've had the car since Sept 2013 bought new.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sorry guys I'm usually on the 1.4 stuff. Yes it was fixed. They had a recall and after roughly 2 weeks, it was fixed. I was told it was only on the 1.4/ddct combo. The dealer should know about your recall if you're having problems
Please post your work order

I just checked my VIN on the Dodge owners site and it says I have no recalls/updates for my Dart

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That's interesting.
I just had my Dart in the shop yesterday and it's going back in tomorrow .. another Telematics Gateway replacement.
The tech re-checked for updates/recalls when I picked it up and the car is up-to-date.

I guess I'm not "some" that's referenced in the letter

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
That's interesting.
I just had my Dart in the shop yesterday and it's going back in tomorrow .. another Telematics Gateway replacement.
The tech re-checked for updates/recalls when I picked it up and the car is up-to-date.

I guess I'm not "some" that's referenced in the letter
That customer satisfaction notification (which isn't a recall) dates back to at least early 2013. I found a post on, uh, that other forum dated January 23, 2013. As I recall, your car was built after that, and I know mine was, so you and I are definitely not the "some" they're referring to. :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That customer satisfaction notification (which isn't a recall) dates back to at least early 2013. I found a post on, uh, that other forum dated January 23, 2013. As I recall, your car was built after that, and I know mine was, so you and I are definitely not the "some" they're referring to. :)
Yes, born on date for my Dart is Jan. 2013 by which time they'd fixed all the real ugliness except for the last "drive ability" flash I got before she was 1 year old

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
Yes, born on date for my Dart is Jan. 2013 by which time they'd fixed all the real ugliness except for the last "drive ability" flash I got before she was 1 year old
Yeah, there a whole pile of TSBs and whatnot that apply to the early production Darts, especially in respect to the 1.4T and DDCT. Mine was built in April 2013, and the only things it's needed ironed out were the DDCT programming and the fuel filler door. It is leaking oil from the separator, but it's fairly minor, and I am somewhat concerned about rust in the tops of the strut towers, but I'll get around to the dealership one of these days. :)

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
@jsblanch Rust on the strut towers?
You see this from inside the engine bay or peering up from the wheel wells?
It's a common problem, perhaps I'm referring to it wrong. If you pop the plastic caps off the top of the struts towers (in the engine bay, of course), which are supposed to protect the nut inside (which I believe holds the top of the strut) from water penetration, there's a very good chance you'll find that they do nothing of the sort. In fact, you may not even have to pop said caps off, they sometimes mysteriously pop themselves out (not sure how, because they're not actually that easy to take out). If you look at the underside of the cap, it should be immediately obvious just how absolutely stupidly they were designed. They actually have grooves that allow water to penetrate. Making matters even worse, water from the windshield drains directly onto these caps. The most noticeable symptom of a severe water penetration problem there is creaking/groaning/rubbing/grinding sounds when steering sharply at low speeds as the corrosion spreads down into the bearing or whatever that allows the top of the strut to move.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It's a common problem, perhaps I'm referring to it wrong. If you pop the plastic caps off the top of the struts towers (in the engine bay, of course), which are supposed to protect the nut inside (which I believe holds the top of the strut) from water penetration, there's a very good chance you'll find that they do nothing of the sort. In fact, you may not even have to pop said caps off, they sometimes mysteriously pop themselves out (not sure how, because they're not actually that easy to take out). If you look at the underside of the cap, it should be immediately obvious just how absolutely stupidly they were designed. They actually have grooves that allow water to penetrate. Making matters even worse, water from the windshield drains directly onto these caps. The most noticeable symptom of a severe water penetration problem there is creaking/groaning/rubbing/grinding sounds when steering sharply at low speeds as the corrosion spreads down into the bearing or whatever that allows the top of the strut to move.
Thanks, I'll have to take a look this weekend.
Never paid attention to the strut towers as I've had no obvious noise or performance issues with the front suspension

41 - 60 of 95 Posts