Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently 3 a.m. and not to happy with having to call off work today. I walk out and start the car this morning and it says service transmission with a engine light on as well. I try to put it into reverse it proceeds to tell me "gear not available, switch to neutral and then to drive or reverse" Long story short after turning on and off several times and with no luck. I will be seeing the dealer today, sad thing is i have a oil change and the first recall on it via appt tomorrow morning. Anyone else having the same problem? Also car is at 10,500 miles and is a 1.4 turbo with the dual dry clutch transmission. Thanks in advance been wanting to join here unfortunately its because of a problem :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. If i recall correctly the recall was for transmission lines so hopefully all it is, is a low oil level and the car is trying to prevent damage? Idk at least we can hope right. lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Check my oil last week and its a quart short and still haven't change it I'm at 4700 miles I'm gonna wait til 5k then change it and rotate tires as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops i meant transmission fluid. Sorry i was thinking oil because I have the oil change set up tomorrow. The update so far is a free tow to the dealer, free rental till it is fixed but still no word so hopefully by the end of the night we will know.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Oops i meant transmission fluid. Sorry i was thinking oil because I have the oil change set up tomorrow. The update so far is a free tow to the dealer, free rental till it is fixed but still no word so hopefully by the end of the night we will know.
@Cypris09 -

You were closer to the truth the first time ... Your DDCT may be low on gearbox OIL ... but since a Dual DRY Clutch Transmission has no torque converter, it doesn't require any transmission fluid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Cypris09 -

You were closer to the truth the first time ... Your DDCT may be low on gearbox OIL ... but since a Dual DRY Clutch Transmission has no torque converter, it doesn't require any transmission fluid.
Very nice, hopefully that is all it will be and I can get back to driving it. The tow truck driver said this is his third Dart that has had this problem in the past month....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The shifting mechanisms and the servos do require transmission fluid. How was the servicing on the reservoir under the cold side pipe?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i was one of the cars unfortunately affected with the recall and got that taken care of back in January. Dealership had my car for about 3 days. What they advised me was a faulty valve in the transmission.

EDIT: also would like to add, nothing went wrong with my car before the recall was mentioned, just got it taken care of before anything would happen.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well good news from the dealer. I was informed that the recall did in fact cause the problem. I was low on the oil for the DDCT. Apparently the lines leak a little and cause this to happen. I was informed that it should only be a few days. As far as the service on the gear oil. I was under the impression that it was a non serviceable transmission. Needless to say i will be keeping an eye out on that as well.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Glad to hear this recall is getting done and fixing some problems for the Darts and owners, nonetheless it can surely be an inconvenience at times.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, its been a huge inconvenience for me. I commute a good 100 miles a day for work and with the rental they gave me I'm about broke! Lol. The dealer is dragging their feet. Its been over a week now and all I get it " the part still isn't replaced yet and this is the first Dart we have worked on. We just want to make sure its done right." Hopefully she will be back soon. I have some wheel dipping to do and a cai to install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Currently 3 a.m. and not to happy with having to call off work today. I walk out and start the car this morning and it says service transmission with a engine light on as well. I try to put it into reverse it proceeds to tell me "gear not available, switch to neutral and then to drive or reverse" Long story short after turning on and off several times and with no luck. I will be seeing the dealer today, sad thing is i have a oil change and the first recall on it via appt tomorrow morning. Anyone else having the same problem? Also car is at 10,500 miles and is a 1.4 turbo with the dual dry clutch transmission. Thanks in advance been wanting to join here unfortunately its because of a problem :(
This is exactly what happened to me just recently !! I'm glad my dart is not the only one having this problem but hate how long it is taking to fix. Apparently when recall was out mine was set up already with the new slave cylinder and mine broke so now they need to make a new one since the recall replacement leaks too !! Well they replaced mine again with the same one but guy wasn't happy with it so they getting a brand new one so I have to wait longer been a week already without my dart :/ but I'm just thinking it will be fixed right so I won't have this problem again just hope the mechanics there do not mess my car up since last time there was grease stain on my cloth interior and a cut inside my door ... Ughhh

·
Banned
8,648 Posts
So your dealer sold you a car that was recalled in January? Nice!

The laws are very strict about getting customers their recall notices. Kind of hard to get it though if the car is still sitting on the lot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought my Dart in Feb, it took till May to get the recall. I set the appointment up to get fixed and the day before it finally broke lol. On top of that the part never got ordered so i had to wait another 5 days to get the part. Stopped by yesterday and they said that the old part isnt even out yet... Whats sad is I saw my car in the shop and it didnt look like anyone had even attempted to do a single thing!. Yes its on the lift but thats all the further it made it. They claimed they worked on it friday and all day monday. So either they are full of it or they paid some guy 16hrs to do nothing. I would assume they would do that since they always jerked us around when i worked at the body shop right across from them. Needless to say ill drive the 30 min to get the car fixed next time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car is back finally!! after over a week of "fixing". I go to wax her up and mid way through i notice white specs all over my drivers fender and door and a nice scuff on my rear bumper. I guess im going to go back and fight with them tomorrow :disappointed:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well my car is still currently in the body shop cause I hit a deer (Bambi) the total estimate is $4,944.47 cents here the pics I will post the invoice as soon as I get it

image-1505212704.jpg

image-2249441868.jpg

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
@Speedy2cool - Really sorry to hear about your "Bambi encounter" ... But I can't quite figure out what your 3 posts in this thread have to do with the OP's transmission woes ... ???

Reactions: longtimemopar

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the same problem with mine. "Service Transmission" I have a 1.4 with autostick that I got on 12/25/2012 with 15 K miles on it. On 6/24/2013, I 1st got the error, the car was on limp mode but I was able to drive it to my office. When I got to the office, I turned off the car and tried to restart it, it won't start anymore. I had a meeting that day, so I called dodge about an hour later. They sent a tow truck. When the tow truck arrived an hour later (2 hours later). This time the car started. Since the car started I drove it to the nearest dealership (Buerge Dodge in Santa Monica, CA) with the tow truck behind me. They worked on it for 4 days, they gave me a rental from enterprise. Luckily for me, dodge would not pay for rental if the car isn't a dodge, jeep or chrysler. The only available car at enterprise at the time was a challenger. On 6/28/2013 I got the car back. They say the replaced the Transmission Control Module. On 7/1/2013 I got the same problem "Service Transmission". Again they gave me the challenger. This time they suspected that it was the after market alarm system that Cerritos dodge (The dealer I got the car from) installed. So they removed alarm. I got the car back (2nd repair) on 7/8/2013. The next day 7/9/2013 I got the same message "Service Transmission". I was really busy with work that day, but I was able to get off from work early. At around 4:00 pm I took the car to Buerge Dodge. But when I got there, the error message disappeared. The guy there was like, "theres no problem with the car". He suggested that I take the car to Cerritos Dodge to have them look at it since they were the one's who sold it to me and he told me that according to the Vip Summary Report provided by Chrysler, Cerritos did a "Transmission - remove and inst". So I drove to Cerritos Dodge, but by the time I got there it was already 6:30 pm and the service dept. is closed. I was advised by the sales man to return at 7:00 am the next day. The next day 7/10/2013 I went back to Cerritos Dodge, but the guy there told me that they were currently backed up because they only had 2 transmission technicians. He told me that, if I wanted to I can leave the car, but they can only look at in on Monday since they were pretty backed up. So I asked him if he can give me a rental while my car is with the dealership. He told me that he could not do it. He checked my car and he said that it should be ok to drive it since the error message was now gone. So I drove it to work. After about 25 miles of driving I got the "service transmission" error again. But this time I was not able to drive it in limp mode. The transmission wouldn't engage. Its a good thing I was on the right lane when it happened, I was able to go to the shoulder. Again I called Dodge, and they sent a tow truck. This time the nearest dealership was at LAX. They wrote it up with the same problem and gave me a voucher for a rental in enterprise. The enterprise in Inglewood had a lot of 200s, so no Challenger this time. Today 7/16/2013 I picked up the car. They claimed to have changed the Transmission Control Module. On my way home, I live near Cerritos, guess what happened. I got the same "Service Transmission" error again. Luckily, I was merging from the 91 to the 605 at the time and Cerritos Dodge is just an exit away. It was 7:00 pm and the service dept. is already close. Its a good think I saw the sales man who sold me the car. He told me to leave the car there on the 24 drop off and come back tomorrow so they can give me a rental. I love the car, but these transmission problems is pissing me off. Hopefully, the fix it right this time. I took pictures and videos of the errors.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts