Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I was just driving my Dart, getting away from the computer for lunch, and a strange issue occurred. I was slowly driving through a neighborhood in 3rd gear. I let the RPM's get a bit low and had to quickly jump on the clutch to prevent the car from stalling. I saved it and dropped into 2nd with no issue. However, just before I was able to engage the clutch, the MPH display disappeared from my display and was replaced by a Service Engine message that only appeared for a moment. I could not even see the entire message. The MPH display returned. Also, my radio, climate, UConnect display had also gone blank and reappeared. When it did, it was now in the lowest frequency radio station and my clock had reset.

Anyone have any idea or has encountered this?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
There might be a pending code but you most likely have nothing worth fixing, you just saved it from stalling. If you have access to a scanner, you could check if there is a code.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There might be a pending code but you most likely have nothing worth fixing, you just saved it from stalling. If you have access to a scanner, you could check if there is a code.
If it was just the message, akin to the "idiot lights" flashing if you stall on an older car, I have no problem just accepting that. Confused as to why the Touch Screen went blank and then came back as if the battery was disconnected ( clock reset to a different time, radio station going to lowest frequency station available, different from what I was listening). That part is odd.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it was just the message, akin to the "idiot lights" flashing if you stall on an older car, I have no problem just accepting that. Confused as to why the Touch Screen went blank and then came back as if the battery was disconnected ( clock reset to a different time, radio station going to lowest frequency station available, different from what I was listening). That part is odd.
I've experienced some similar issues when almost stalling out and "saving it " where my clock resets to the wrong time and my radio exits the bluetooth player and jumps to the radio and goes to the lowest frequency saved station..never noticed any message on my dash though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, if I had blinked at the wrong time, I would have missed. I will keep an eye on things and see if this pops up again. At least glad to see that it is not associated with any known issues.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good luck trying to find the cause. Nothing but run around with my dealer... mine does this also on the 4-3 or 3-2 downshift at lower speeds nothing near staling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 16 Dart has been doing this since I bought it. When mine resets, it is almost always when slowing to a stop, and it makes my engine sputter.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Check grounds. Or there is somewhere on the harness that is close to metal and has rubbed through causing an intermittent short as the engine moves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts