Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Dart Limited has been fantastic the last 20 months. However my wife and I left for a trip and got about a mile from our house and all of a sudden the check airbag system warning notice appeared on my dash along the passenger seatbelt warning. The seatbelt warning appears regardless if the passenger seatbelt is buckled or not. Anyway, the dealer has had my car now for 11 days. They are not completely sure what sensor is bad but the one they think it is keeps getting backordered by Chrysler. I do have a rental and appreciate it but this is getting a bit frustrating. They told me if the airbag warning goes off all the airbags are disabled and it is unsafe to drive. Anyone else experience airbag sensor issues?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
You need to get the passenger seat belt receiver end replaced. They'll do it under warranty of course, had this happen not too long ago.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I complained here I got a call saying my car was done-figures lol They replaced the passenger seat belt buckle assembly (that is what was backorderd)- claimed the wires to passenger seatbelt were broken.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Yeah the sensor in mine was busted.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
My 2013 Dart Limited has been fantastic the last 20 months. However my wife and I left for a trip and got about a mile from our house and all of a sudden the check airbag system warning notice appeared on my dash along the passenger seatbelt warning. The seatbelt warning appears regardless if the passenger seatbelt is buckled or not. Anyway, the dealer has had my car now for 11 days. They are not completely sure what sensor is bad but the one they think it is keeps getting backordered by Chrysler. I do have a rental and appreciate it but this is getting a bit frustrating. They told me if the airbag warning goes off all the airbags are disabled and it is unsafe to drive. Anyone else experience airbag sensor issues?
After I complained here I got a call saying my car was done-figures lol They replaced the passenger seat belt buckle assembly (that is what was backorderd)- claimed the wires to passenger seatbelt were broken.
dby2011,

Glad to hear things were sorted out, part B/Os can be frustrating.
Did your Service Advisor show you the wires that were broken?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having the same issue, seems to be intermittent, but very frustrating on a new car, awful. Hard to be pro-American when this shit happens. I've been hesitant to bring it in simply because I love driving the car.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am having the same issue, seems to be intermittent, but very frustrating on a new car, awful. Hard to be pro-American when this shit happens. I've been hesitant to bring it in simply because I love driving the car.
I read this is a known issue with the passenger seatbelt and there is a bulletin out in regards to this. That may explain the backorder if this part is being replaced a lot.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
No, he didn't show me- I took his word for it and what was written on my service papers.
dby2011,

Thanks for the reply.
This would certainly be the case then, your dealer wouldn't have anything to gain by falsifying anything.
Especially when customer satisfaction is on the line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts