Dodge Dart Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just found out this morning my 2013 Dart Limited with 2.0L needs new motor mounts and a transmission mount at 79,000 miles. Car was 4 years old on Jan 25 this year. Dart has been idling rough for a month or so so I had them look at the car when I took it in for an oil change. I thought maybe spark plugs but bad mounts did cross my mind. I just don't get it. 80% of my driving is highway. It's just beyond ridiculous. I just can't defend FCA anymore when it come to their quality. Maybe for people who only put on 10-12,000 miles a year they last, but not for those who travel a lot. Did not expect to have to deal with this kind of a repair so soon. Sorry for the rant. I just had to get it off my chest.
My 2013 Dart with 64,000 miles (about 10,000 miles/year) needed new mounts. Got them replaced yesterday and it's like driving a new car. The mechanic though the mileage was low to need new mounts too. Also had the struts replaced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suspect they have been bad a lot longer to be honest. It just got progressively worse. It shook pretty good when the AC turned on over the summer and I was questioning if that was normal or not. Now it shakes like the AC is on all the time.
Yep, same issue. The mechanic who replaced the mounts said that when the first one failed (whenever that was) it caused strain on the others. One of the problems with diagnosing the problem is that you don't expect the mounts to fail at this low mileage. A previous mechanic couldn't duplicate the problem at first and told me to bring it back when it got worse. It did, I did, and $1000 later it runs great. Parts and labor are warrantied for 3 years/30,000 miles. Hope these mounts are better than the originals.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We bought our 13 Dart at an auction with about 100k on it. The very first thing I did was have new mounts installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2013 Dart with 64,000 miles (about 10,000 miles/year) needed new mounts. Got them replaced yesterday and it's like driving a new car. The mechanic though the mileage was low to need new mounts too. Also had the struts replaced.
So now, less than 5 months after new motor mounts and struts, it's having the same (or similar) symptoms. The work is warrantied for three years but the mechanic's garage caught fire and they won't reopen until June. What to do?

·
Super Moderator
4,816 Posts
So now, less than 5 months after new motor mounts and struts, it's having the same (or similar) symptoms. The work is warrantied for three years but the mechanic's garage caught fire and they won't reopen until June. What to do?
Well if it's under warranty I would say tough it out for a few months and get in contact with the owner now and tell him your issue. It's possible they can do the work at another location but at least get on the list because others might also be waiting to get in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up my car and the mounts (one engine and the transmission mount) had failed again after 5 months. Luckily the original repair (Nov 2019) was under warranty. The mechanic called Chrysler and they said, "Yeah those mounts aren't very good." Really? I'm trading it as soon as I can.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm at five years and around 80K and haven't had an issue with my mounts yet, but after seeing the issues others have had, I'm going to replace the rear mount with a DCR one and hope that takes damage off of the others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2013 dartlimited this will be my 3rd turbo.my racketpinion feels like it's going to take the car and leave the road.i baught life warranty thank God,but I'm really seriously thinking this car is a liability for dodge factory.

·
Registered
282 Posts
80k on 2016 GT here and thankfully all the mounts seem to be holding up fine so far. Part of me hopes for a fail a month before the 60 month warranty expires. Was worried a few thousand ago, but it was the rear shocks.

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
2016 60 K miles bad motor mounts and highly disappointed in dodge for this not being a recall.
Why would there be a recall for the crappy motor mounts in the Dart? It's not a safety issue. The reality is that all automakers use parts that are "just good enough" to keep costs low. As long as they aren't going to have to pay to replace them all under warranty, it gets the QC stamp of approval.

·
Premium Member
6,259 Posts
80k on 2016 GT here and thankfully all the mounts seem to be holding up fine so far. Part of me hopes for a fail a month before the 60 month warranty expires. Was worried a few thousand ago, but it was the rear shocks.
The rear/transmission mount doesn't really fail, it's just a terrible design and is "bad" even before the car rolls off the assembly line. No matter what drivetrain you have, it will benefit from a stiffer Deyeme rear mount.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts