Dodge Dart Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Don't do it unless you have the limiters raised. When you over shot a limiter it will close the throttle down and cause all sorts of problems. The first time is shuts off the coils to control wheel spin or clutch slip... its going to explode the plastic intake manifold. We have tried it and the ECU does everything it can to fight back.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Don't do it unless you have the limiters raised. When you over shot a limiter it will close the throttle down and cause all sorts of problems. The first time is shuts off the coils to control wheel spin or clutch slip... its going to explode the plastic intake manifold. We have tried it and the ECU does everything it can to fight back.
Ooh! I wish there was as video of that. Time to check out youtube!

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Thanks @TorkMe for the information. Since we know the NOS is now out of the question for our 2.0's and more than likely a turbo will shred the Hyundai slush box. I guess us 2.0 auto folk are SOL right now, only if y'all have anything up our sleeve? Maybe?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Man, I miss me some NOS good old days with my big ole 455 olds motors pushing 500+ hp and another couple hundred on the button. Would literally lift the front left wheel off the ground 'bout an inch or so. (couldn't hit the button til 2nd gear or it'd blow the differential out from torque) I miss my NOS and my '78 regal.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks @TorkMe for the information. Since we know the NOS is now out of the question for our 2.0's and more than likely a turbo will shred the Hyundai slush box. I guess us 2.0 auto folk are SOL right now, only if y'all have anything up our sleeve? Maybe?
i think torkme is talking about the 1.4l. i think the 2.0 has a different ecu so it might not have limiters. correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
i think torkme is talking about the 1.4l. i think the 2.0 has a different ecu so it might not have limiters. correct me if i'm wrong.
Yeah I'm no sure I know I can still redline it in stock auto and of course in "slap-stick" not sure just would like some extra "boost" (no pun intended) for our 2.0's.

·
Banned
2,546 Posts
ALso from reading on a few of the sites about the kits. they state that the numbers they are stating are actually going to be WHP. not crank. so if you have a 50 shot its whp. so the 145whp of the 2.0 + CAI+ exhaust+ LW PULLY + 50 shot = OSHYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you will be sitting like my avatar pic,lol.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you run nitrous, add a spray bar to your intercooler as well. The best way to hook it up is with a micro switch, the throttle body arm hits it when you're at WOT, but with a fly-by-wire TB I'm not sure how to set that up. Maybe they've come out with something by now?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used an rpm window switch on my bike for a bit worked very well.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
has anyone done this yet? is it available for the 2.4L
It's on my budget to do list, as far as the 2.4L, yes, the 2.0L kit from NX is compatible with the 2.4L. How it reacts with the multi-air is still up in the air.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's on my budget to do list, as far as the 2.4L, yes, the 2.0L kit from NX is compatible with the 2.4L. How it reacts with the multi-air is still up in the air.
Did you pursue this any father?

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
Did you pursue this any father?
Nope, haven't had a chance to as I have been pursuing other avenues within the engine.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nope, haven't had a chance to as I have been pursuing other avenues within the engine.
What add ons do you think are absolutely necessary before thinking about nitrous? I see you have a bunch of stuff done.

·
Super Moderator
5,811 Posts
What add ons do you think are absolutely necessary before thinking about nitrous? I see you have a bunch of stuff done.
I already did the leg work when I asked the NX Team via the forum on their website. This was ok'd by them as long as you remove/retard any tune. Since tunes always advance the timing, with nitrous you want to retard the timing. But anyway here is the legwork if anyone wants to run nitrous. This is just the basics of course you would want to probably run a bottle warmer and killswitch as well.

Nitrous Setup: $1154.03 (s/h included)
OKay'd by NXRyan from the Nitrous Express Team
Dodge Dart 2.0L (35-100HP) w/ 10lb bottle - $699.71
Maximizer 4 Progressive Controller - $399.52
Nitrous Pressure Gauge - $31.20
ZEX Power Racer Spark Plug - $23.60 ($5.90 per)

·
Registered
947 Posts
The last time I had my car into Tork to get the results from the CAI, we did a little experiment. We did not introduce any to the intake, but used a small bit to cool the air temperature sensor to see how the engine would react. There was an instantaneous gain of about 25 hp, and it was very smooth. Our initial reaction is that the 2.4L seems to like the stuff....

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hmmm...I like the way you phrased that. So now we just need someone to bolt up the kit and give us the skinny!
It may take me a while, but maybe when I get my tax return this year.......

41 - 60 of 88 Posts