Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a set of leather seats from a junkyard and installed them into my SXT. The harness in the car needed power for the seat motors so I ran a fused wire to the harness. We aren’t worried about heat at this time, that’ll be a whole other battle for the future. Now that the seats are in and motors are functional, we are getting a service airbag system warning. Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? All pins on the harness line up, they matched the existing seats. The only thing not on the car

·
Administrator
5,667 Posts
The seat backs have air bags and wiring for air bags. There should be codes set in the ORC (occupant restraint controller) module which will tell you where to look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What type of reader do I need to get into the module? I have a basic reader and it’s not showing any codes at this time. If I recall, my original seats had 7 wires in the harness, the leather ones had those 7 in the same position plus a bunch of others as well.

·
Administrator
5,667 Posts
Sometimes different year wiring pinouts are different even though the connector is the same. Check this link and put in model years for yours and the donor.

You need the alfaOBD android app, an android device, and the OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner to access the air bag controller module. That setup will access everything a dealer scanner can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.