Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a newb post but I've poked around and can't seem to find a definite answer. I have an early make of the 2013 Dart SE and I'm looking into adding the stock steering wheel radio controls but I don't know if the wiring harness is already there like it is with cruise control. Anybody know if there is or not?
(P.s. i already have replaced the stock radio so if Idatalink is needed or something that's not a problem.)

Thanks much! :D

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
No thats my bad, i donno what i was thinking when i posted. as i am re reading this in the morning. you were asking about the radio buttons not adding cruise.

to answer your question, all of the the controls on the steering wheel are connected to the LIN BUS (line bus) and there is only one wire that goes down the steering column. If you replaced the radio with one that can handle CAN BUS signals then you should be able to put and use steering wheel radio controls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.