Dodge Dart Forum banner

Scraping metal sound!

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  yogabbagabba333 
#1 ·
notice a srcaping metal sound from under car...found this hanging off and had to remove it. Any idea what it is and if it can easily be replaced, without taking it to a shop? Also, is it okay to drive around without it in the meantime?

See less See more
#2 ·
It's just part of the under shield that is used for aerodynamics, warming up the car faster, and keeping the engine bay clean. For no reason is it actually necessary.

I don't know the OEM part cost (which the OEM part sucks anyways) but there is an aftermarket part that replaces the whole front under shield (which is what this part is part of) and it's $219 and is a full polycarbonate sheet with all the same cut outs. You can find it here https://www.deyemeracing.com/Shop_Products.aspx#Dodge+Dart++(PF) under the name Undercarriage Aero Shield, Front (Closeout Panel and Belly Pan) (DMR)

#3 ·
It's just part of the underbody aerodynamic shield. It serves no function in regards to the way the car drives. It is only there to improve miles per gallon. I removed mine years ago on purpose. You can buy the replacement online or at the dealership. It's easy to install, just a bunch of screws.

This is the entire shield, it looks like you lost the center vents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.