Dodge Dart Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
So, I just got a response back from TruFiber hoods. And they're willing to build the scat pack hood for the darts with a commitment of 30 people. $400 for fiberglass $800 CF
Shipping of $110-190 depending on city and state.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yes! Provided its the same desing as the scat pack I'm in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So will there be a scat pack package produced for the 2.4L with Automatic Transmission? Or maybe another similar type of package offered for autos?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
So will there be a scat pack package produced for the 2.4L with Automatic Transmission? Or maybe another similar type of package offered for autos?
There is no scat pack period....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I guess my sales guy had no clue. He told me they were coming out with those packages in Spring 2015 and they could be sold as aftermarket add on packages.
This was after I bought my dart. Oh well... back to my own mod list...LOL

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Mopar has promised alot of aftermarket products for the Dart and has shit canned all of them. Ive heard 8 different release dates for this so called scat pack. I'll believe it when I see it...

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I guess my sales guy had no clue. He told me they were coming out with those packages in Spring 2015 and they could be sold as aftermarket add on packages.
This was after I bought my dart. Oh well... back to my own mod list...LOL
Never listen to sales people. Their job is to get you to buy a car. That is all, and most of them don't know the car their selling half the time, let alone what's coming.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yep, normally when I shop for a new car I do a ton of research beforehand. I'll then wander some lots to see how things look in reality vs. a magazine photo spread. Afterwards I'll test drive a few models, because what pleases me is never what a journalist or even other people can accurately describe. I'll research more, and this can take a bit longer because I won't actively try to purchase a car if I already have a car note on another (And I hate negative equity) Finally, I'll go to the dealer and almost always I end up telling the sales staff things they do not know about what they are hoping to sell me. Granted, much of what I know is based off of magazine articles, news releases, online car configurator utilities, test drives, and word of mouth-> which means not everything is absolutely true. But taking all the info together gives you a fairly precise idea of what to expect in a car when it comes time to negotiate. Then it's 'stick to yer guns' time.

So, ask questions. You'll get a lot of info, a ton of opinions (often times contradictory). In the end, you'll have a good idea of what to expect, what to look out for, and what to challenge a dealer on.

·
Banned
1,383 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was looking at a Scat Pack Challenger the other day while getting the Dart serviced. $44k sticker price, pretty sick car though. It was a bright lime green, I want it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scat Pack:

I work for a CDJR dealership in Pennsylvania...

I drive a 2014 Rallye with the 2.4L; I have already inquired on Scat Pack upgrades and as far as I know you can order those parts. Maybe I have the 'in', but either way, if I can order them, customers should be able to as well.

Now with that being said, I have come to the conclusion that Scat Packing a Dart is just not going to be worth it. I'd rather pay mine off and trade in (and save up another down payment) on a 2016 SRT Dart that is going to be upwards of 300HP, all the goodies standard, versus getting maybe another 20-40HP from ScatPacking my current Dart and being totally upside down from the second I do the upgrades.

-Cooby

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I'm guessing this is not out yet. Does anyone else have a problem with the Mopar website...seems as if it is not easy to navigate in the Dart Section.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Scat Pack:

I work for a CDJR dealership in Pennsylvania...

I drive a 2014 Rallye with the 2.4L; I have already inquired on Scat Pack upgrades and as far as I know you can order those parts. Maybe I have the 'in', but either way, if I can order them, customers should be able to as well.

Now with that being said, I have come to the conclusion that Scat Packing a Dart is just not going to be worth it. I'd rather pay mine off and trade in (and save up another down payment) on a 2016 SRT Dart that is going to be upwards of 300HP, all the goodies standard, versus getting maybe another 20-40HP from ScatPacking my current Dart and being totally upside down from the second I do the upgrades.

-Cooby
Coody about having a "in". I don't know what you do for the CDJR dealer. But you are going to be very sad later this year when "2016" SRT doesn't comes out. Cause if you are thinking that you will see one this year your not. The new Dart is a 2017 and that is when they are going to be making a 2017 SRT.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
So I'm guessing this is not out yet. Does anyone else have a problem with the Mopar website...seems as if it is not easy to navigate in the Dart Section.
It's never coming out...

101 - 119 of 119 Posts