Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I took the nice sunday we had yesterday to install my new Roadracemotorsports lightweight pulley, and boy what a difference it makes. I was skeptical but by far this is the best bang for your buck mod that I have done on my 2.4L

I made this video of the process, well parts of it, but you get the general idea behind how its done. I can't tell you if this is the same for the 2.0L or the 1.4L

This video will also show a part that I am not sure what it is but I noticed it looked burnt, so if anyone knows what it is lmk, thanks and enjoy

·
Premium Member
2015 Dodge Dart Aero 1.4T
3,639 Posts
@BrendoGT

That looks, if im correct, like the underside of one of your motor mounts! I dont think that it should be an issue... let me see if i can find a picture of mine up close.

Also... NO BUENO ON THE IMPACT!!!! LOL but seriously... you need to find a "modern" torque wrench then (and youll need help with this part) Have someone either hold the pulley wheel from spinning or even hold a wrench on the tensioner to keep everything from spinning while you torque the wheel down!

Reactions: Cipher9

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@BrendoGT

That looks, if im correct, like the underside of one of your motor mounts! I dont think that it should be an issue... let me see if i can find a picture of mine up close.

Also... NO BUENO ON THE IMPACT!!!! LOL but seriously... you need to find a "modern" torque wrench then (and youll need help with this part) Have someone either hold the pulley wheel from spinning or even hold a wrench on the tensioner to keep everything from spinning while you torque the wheel down!
I figure ill check the tightness on it next week, if it didnt fall off I should be good lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What differences have you noticed?

Any negative? Rougher idle, etc.?
I have noticed improved throttle response, a faster acceleration in rpm, just seems a bit more lively!, I also removed my intake baffleing along with this and the increased noise from that added a slight vibration I feel in acceleration, I dont want to blame it on the pulley because I've noticed this vibration on other cars that had intake baffling that I removed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have noticed improved throttle response, a faster acceleration in rpm, just seems a bit more lively!, I also removed my intake baffleing along with this and the increased noise from that added a slight vibration I feel in acceleration, I dont want to blame it on the pulley because I've noticed this vibration on other cars that had intake baffling that I removed.
Awesome, thanks! I'll be purchasing this soon as well.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is one of the next projects for my GT. Are you driving Auto or Manual @BrendoGT? I just watched the grocery store run vid. The car sounds really good!

Reactions: BrendoGT

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm about to shell out the dough for that pulley, I'm wondering if that Spectrum tuner is worth the money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Auto but I use the autostick almost all the time lol god I miss manual
I've never tried autostick b4, I might try to test drive one soon just to see. I see that there is much anticipation for 2 other ECMs so I'll wait. Just ordered the HPSI CAI along with the RRM pulley. Can't wait to install them!!:cool2:

Reactions: BrendoGT

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've never tried autostick b4, I might try to test drive one soon just to see. I see that there is much anticipation for 2 other ECMs so I'll wait. Just ordered the HPSI CAI along with the RRM pulley. Can't wait to install them!!:cool2:
Ugh I need that intake, just never have the spare cash floating around lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ugh I need that intake, just never have the spare cash floating around lol
This is exactly how I felt until I opened the mail on Monday and saw a refund check from the auto loan company I used to have my loan with. (Refinanced with a credit union for a much lower rate and cancelled the GAP insurance through the dealership). Went straight to the bank to deposit and dropped just under $500 for both parts. Still haven't filed my taxes and I'm expecting to get some money back, which will go to changing to drilled and slotted rotors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to bring up on older thread, but I'm kinda stuck. I have been working on my dodge dart 2.0, trying to get my rrm pulley on, but I cant seem to get the bolt. Do any of yall know any tricks to getting it off? Or the pressure needed to do so, cause Ive tried an impact gun with no luck. Thanks in advanced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.