Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 2.4 dodge dart that was supposed to have a tuner installed a few days ago. Problem is that i dont know if the tuners bad or if its just me doing aomething wrong.

The install was pretty straght forward, everything was plug and play. But when i turned the car on, it was idling pretty high (roughly 1.5k rpm) and throwing 3 error lights. I had the check engine light on (p0107), the stability control light goes off after a few moments of the car running, and last but not least I have a red electrical strike in parentheses thats flashing on and off.

Car driving is pretty bad, lost a heck of alot of power but does run... rough.

I had removed the whole thing, and the car was fine again. Let the code naturally clear after a day of driving and installed again with the same bad results.

I did make sure the map sensor was in the 2 o'clock position like other threads had reccomended but still no anvil.

I contacted the seller because I found it odd one of the wires on the map sensor connection was short. Is there only 2 wires that the 3 pin map connector passes through?

Thanks for any help guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is there electrical tape on that connector?
I asked the seller and he said this:

"If you look in the plastic wire collector you will see there is no red wire, just the small red piece from the connector, it came that way from RRM. I taped the red wire when it slipped out. I think that RRM used a earlier year dart model or different engine connector that needed the red wire, but the 2.4L maybe did not. Either way that is how it came from RRM, minus the tape which I added to keep it from slipping out again."

·
Registered
389 Posts
Pull that tape off. Take a picture of what's inside it and also take a pic of the tuner box wires. RRM wouldn't sell a product that just has a wire hanging off the connector.

Your low input signal code means the ECM is not getting adequate signal from the sensor.
It's reading something (most likely it's spliced to one of the other wires inside the tape) but not the correct signal.
If it wasn't connected to anything you would have a "circuit open" code.
You may open that wire loom and inspect the entire tuner, but what it looks like to me is someone damaged the tuner, spliced wiring together so a car will run with it installed and sold it with a lie saying "that's how it came"

Also, you can look at your MAP sensor does it have 3 metal tabs in it or 2?

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lol fail on my part!

I take that back... Mine does not look like that. IMG_20180921_182737.jpg

Assuming that's the only thing fishy with this it would be easy to repair. It's just up to you if you want to deal with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pull that tape off. Take a picture of what's inside it and also take a pic of the tuner box wires. RRM wouldn't sell a product that just has a wire hanging off the connector.

Your low input signal code means the ECM is not getting adequate signal from the sensor.
It's reading something (most likely it's spliced to one of the other wires inside the tape) but not the correct signal.
If it wasn't connected to anything you would have a "circuit open" code.
You may open that wire loom and inspect the entire tuner, but what it looks like to me is someone damaged the tuner, spliced wiring together so a car will run with it installed and sold it with a lie saying "that's how it came"

Also, you can look at your MAP sensor does it have 3 metal tabs in it or 2?
I remember looking at the map sensor and seeing 3 prongs, just like on this harness. Theres 10 wires total that come out of the tuner which does add up to the wires at the plugs. Now on the air flow sensor(i think) the one that plugs into the intake, theres a wire that bridges across to just let the current pass through. Could that maybe be what this red wire is?

Im kinda at a loss on what to do if its a low circut instead of open. Should i tap in and test with a multimeter?

When I opened the box the board is covered with epoxy, probably for water resistance I guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol fail on my part!

I take that back... Mine does not look like that. View attachment 114914

Assuming that's the only thing fishy with this it would be easy to repair. It's just up to you if you want to deal with it.
Oh wow I was just responding to one of the threads above thinking that! 😛

Im definetly going to try a repair now and see what happens! Thanks for checking!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I remember looking at the map sensor and seeing 3 prongs, just like on this harness. Theres 10 wires total that come out of the tuner which does add up to the wires at the plugs. Now on the air flow sensor(i think) the one that plugs into the intake, theres a wire that bridges across to just let the current pass through. Could that maybe be what this red wire is?

Im kinda at a loss on what to do if its a low circut instead of open. Should i tap in and test with a multimeter?

When I opened the box the board is covered with epoxy, probably for water resistance I guess.
From looking at the pic from @Parabolaralus
It looks like it plugs into the connector next to it.
Try to connect them. Make sure you have continuity in both pig tails and throw it on the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

From looking at the pic from @Parabolaralus
It looks like it plugs into the connector next to it.
Try to connect them. Make sure you have continuity in both pig tails and throw it on the car.
Doing so right now!

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Man I hope this really works out! Looks like you went the extra mile and soldered that thing in place!!!

It's a fun little device and it really makes the 2.4 feel like i think it should and actually does improve mpg once you get over the "VTEC YO!" pedal to the metal phase.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man I hope this really works out! Looks like you went the extra mile and soldered that thing in place!!!

It's a fun little device and it really makes the 2.4 feel like i think it should and actually does improve mpg once you get over the "VTEC YO!" pedal to the metal phase.
It's fixed!!

Thanks man, I was really bummed out when it diddnt work... but now it works great! It was a steal for only 200 bucks shipped on ebay.

Just did a 0-60 and I got it at 9.7, not bad for the 11.3 I got before!

I've installed the Injen intake, the tuner, and have the pully sitting in the box. I'm excited to get the last part in! 😁

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's fixed!!

Thanks man, I was really bummed out when it diddnt work... but now it works great! It was a steal for only 200 bucks shipped on ebay.

I've installed the Injen intake, the tuner, and have the pully sitting in the box. I'm excited to get the last part in! ��
What's your altitude?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's fixed!!

I've installed the Injen intake, the tuner, and have the pully sitting in the box. I'm excited to get the last part in! ��
What's your altitude?
@Parabolaralus I'm in tucson AZ and we're at roughly 2,600 feet above sea level.
@IamVILLAIN Thanks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
@Sjuliang

Please let us know your thoughts on the RRM 2.4L Tuner as you get more miles on it. Also, what difference you see when you install the pulley.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
*BUMP*
@Sjuliang

Would you be able to let us know your thoughts on the RRM 2.4L Tuner now that you may have put some more miles on it. Also, what difference you see when you install the pulley.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
4 Participants
Mass_Paul
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing