Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start my Dart earlier and it didn’t want to start. It took me about 4 times to get it started. After it started, the idle was a bit rough. You could feel the car shaking. It corrected itself after warming up, but I want to get some input. No warning lights popped up and the plugs were changed about 10k miles ago. Car has 101k miles.

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
Went to start my Dart earlier and it didn’t want to start. It took me about 4 times to get it started. After it started, the idle was a bit rough. You could feel the car shaking. It corrected itself after warming up, but I want to get some input. No warning lights popped up and the plugs were changed about 10k miles ago. Car has 101k miles.
It is probably one or more of the coil packs for the plugs, especially if they are still the original ones. The other possibility is that you have very low oil, which will cause the MultiAir to malfunction and cause really rough running and backfiring. When the latter happened to me, it took a lot of roughness before the CEL flashed/light up, but even before it did there were "pending" codes for the specific solenoid that was responding too slowly and for the misfiring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is probably one or more of the coil packs for the plugs, especially if they are still the original ones. The other possibility is that you have very low oil, which will cause the MultiAir to malfunction and cause really rough running and backfiring. When the latter happened to me, it took a lot of roughness before the CEL flashed/light up, but even before it did there were "pending" codes for the specific solenoid that was responding too slowly and for the misfiring.
Over the past few days, I haven’t had an issue with starting it and the oil looked full. Could the issue still be linked to the coil packs? Maybe the battery? I was pricing them out and they are quite expensive. I want to make sure that coils are the culprit before spending $250+

·
Super Moderator
3,291 Posts
A good scanner will give you pending codes. If it's a consistent cylinder, you could swap that coil to another cylinder and see if the pending misfire moves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts