Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold my Dart, returned it to stock first so I still have this. Extremely easy to hook up, 5-10 minutes, and definite increase in power. Must use 91+ octane with this tuner. Plug and play, return your vehicle to the stock tune in minutes. I believe it's even the pro unit because of the extra wires for the water/methanol injection controller. Here's a link to both, either way you're getting a great deal-

$225 shipped in the USA. Paypal preferred.

Edit- $185 shipped!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,567 Posts
i would like to take this off your hands but i just have a couple questions on it
No bolt ons required. The Dart's ECU is self learning, so it essentially can learn whatever you put on it. This is a piggy back tuner so what it does, it tricks signals into different values to improve performance. Example, when you're WOT, it will tell the ECU the air temp (which is one of the sensors I believe) is 20 degrees colder than what it actually is. This with an intake (pulling more air) will proabably make the computer use more fuel because it thinks it's getting more air since it's less dense, and since you have the intake and actually pulling in more air, it could result in more power. That's just one example of how that might work. I had it on my 2.0 and 2.4 and I also have gauges that watch certain things. Once it hit a certain RPM i could see my gauge change the Temp, so it definitely was doing something, and it was cool to see it doing something in action.

You are not going to get the best gains with this. If you want the best gains you are gonna want a real flash tune that changes the ECU. This only intercepts signals and modifies them. The issue with this is since the Dart is self learning, after a while, it is possible it can "learn" the tuner as well. All you would need to do is reset the battery. The original RRM tuners, they said to break them in, meaning drive 80 miles or so and baby it. Let the tuner start to sink into to everything before really opening it up. Newer editions they said it's ready right after plug in.

As I said, no bolt ons are needed. But mods will help. If you add a new mod, just unplug the battery for about 15 minutes to reset the system, then go and drive it again.

Installing this takes minutes as OP said. All you do is fine the associate plug (I believe the 1.4s all have easy accept plugs for this - the 2.0L engine's MAP sensor is kind of a pain), unplug those, plug in the RRM plugs (which are same as OEM) and then plug the OEM one into the given connector that it's pig tailed off of. Extremely simple, only hard part is finding the right sensors and following the instructions. The direction will probably be on their site or OP might have the paper/tell you what is needed.

Other than that, that is all there is to it. No trace from this when you go to the dealer. Regular flash tunes (which are better but also more expensive) will show a flash on the flash counter, and the dealer can see this and possibly conclude that you have tuned your car. Resulting in a voided warranty and blacklist from the dealers. Since this is an easy install, you should be able to remove this before ever going to the dealer and you would never know. Since this is modifying signals, and increasing the performance, they recommend using 91+ octane, but I am not 100% sure on the exact reasoning. They said this on the 2.0/2.4 version as well, however if you are looking to increase performance and buy this, then you should already be using 91+ as it states in the manual that premium is preferred for that engine, as it is a turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks , i am just looking to use this til i buy my euro compulsion tune , i am waiting til after christ to get it but i just wanna test out how the rrm tuner works

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Cntrollerfanboy, this is where the 2 sensors are located that you'll be connecting too. They are both easy access once you take the engine cover off (if you haven't already, I left mine off until I returned the car back to stock).

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts