Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT 1.4 turbocharged recently my right headlight went out I replaced the bulb and it still not working wires and connector are in good shape. I checked for the fuses in the BCM (Body Control Module) turns out it doesn't take any for the Left/Right headlamps. I also check the Fuse Box for a RELAY it also doesn't have one for headlights. I am at a dead stop and there is no current going through the plug I used a circuit tester and Dashboard does say low beam headlights out. So am assuming the BCM is reading that it needs to be replaced and it's not sending power to the wires. Therefore I might have yo replace the BCM.

·
Administrator
5,314 Posts
Do you still have the headlight access cover in the wheel well splash shield. If not water has gotten into the brown connector causing corrosion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I don't. I actually purchased the vehicle without it. If there is corrosion, what can I do to get power going to the headlight? I was in Louisiana recently and it did rain bad a few days. That's when it went out and hasn't came back on.

·
Administrator
5,314 Posts
Look for a Contact Restorer spray (Deoxit). Get that access shield either from a self serve junkyard or a dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts