Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - The right headlight on my 2014 Dodge Dart GT went out and I changed the bulb. My model uses the LED lights with the ballast. The new bulb did not work. I changed the fuses for both the right and left headlights even though they were not blown. This still did not fix the issue; my right headlight is still not working. I tested the new bulb on the left side that is still working, and the new bulb works. Has anybody experienced this issue and if so, how did you remedy this problem?

Thank you in advance for your insight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello - The right headlight on my 2014 Dodge Dart GT went out and I changed the bulb. My model uses the LED lights with the ballast. The new bulb did not work. I changed the fuses for both the right and left headlights even though they were not blown. This still did not fix the issue; my right headlight is still not working. I tested the new bulb on the left side that is still working, and the new bulb works. Has anybody experienced this issue and if so, how did you remedy this problem?

Try replacing the socket and the connector that all the bulbs are wired to.

·
Administrator
5,848 Posts
Replace the ballast. It is mounted on top of the headlight assembly and the bumper cover needs to be removed for access. Good you tube by MotorCityMechanic for removing the bumper cover.

·
Registered
37 Posts

FYI No Dodge dart came from factory with LED bulbs.

They did come with HID (bulb size D3S) or Halogen (bulb size 9012) light bulbs.

So, if you had factory HID system you would have to replace the HID bulb 1st before replacing the ballast. Not saying that the ballast will not go bad but most of the time it is the bulb that goes bad first.

The ballast is located under the Headlight unit it self (not on top) and Yes, the front fascia bumper would have to be removed and the headlight it self would also need to be removed to have access to the HID ballast.

But, lets go back to the LED bulb, if you are adding aftermarket LED bulbs chances are that your CAN-BUS system is not recognizing the electrical out put of the LED that is why they do not turn on. Because the CAN-BUS system is telling the car; we do not have the correct electrical signals coming back, so turn off the power to the headlights.

I hope this helps.

Product Automotive lighting Output device Automotive design Font

1 - 4 of 4 Posts