Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Travis and everyone at Deyeme,

I just wanted to start off by saying thank you guys for supporting the Dart as much as you have and I as well as many here appreciate everything that you guys have produced for us.

And with that, I wanted to say I am SO excited because I just got my parts in!!! :D

DMR-package1.jpg

DMR-parts1.jpg

Also wanted to say a huge thank you to the gang at Deyeme for the sticker! I was literally thinking earlier today about ordering it but there it is! In the color I wanted! Also thank you so much for the extra hose to bleed the clutch!

I'm planning on making a video of the installation of all said parts. I know that there are already a lot of videos out there, but potentially (and hopefully) new comers to the forum with the MTX purchase these parts right off hand and hopefully this can be a good quality video with instruction on all of these in place for ease of finding the info. Even though I know the DM included instruction is clear. I know some people just feel better seeing it on video instead of on paper. I already filmed a really potato quality unboxing vid but will do some editing and post it here probably tonight. If not tonight then it will be next week. :D

Separately I wanted to create this thread so if I have questions or anything I am not clogging up the individual threads for these parts.

·
Registered
59 Posts

I just wanted to start off by saying thank you guys for supporting the Dart as much as you have and I as well as many here appreciate everything that you guys have produced for us.

And with that, I wanted to say I am SO excited because I just got my parts in!!! :D

View attachment 116302

View attachment 116304

Also wanted to say a huge thank you to the gang at Deyeme for the sticker! I was literally thinking earlier today about ordering it but there it is! In the color I wanted! Also thank you so much for the extra hose to bleed the clutch!

I'm planning on making a video of the installation of all said parts. I know that there are already a lot of videos out there, but potentially (and hopefully) new comers to the forum with the MTX purchase these parts right off hand and hopefully this can be a good quality video with instruction on all of these in place for ease of finding the info. Even though I know the DM included instruction is clear. I know some people just feel better seeing it on video instead of on paper. I already filmed a really potato quality unboxing vid but will do some editing and post it here probably tonight. If not tonight then it will be next week. :D

Separately I wanted to create this thread so if I have questions or anything I am not clogging up the individual threads for these parts.
I have all three. Hell of a difference. You will like the feel with all these added.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

View attachment 116302

View attachment 116304

Awesome. That is everything I have as well, but now I need to get a red decal to represent my Deyeme mods. Did not know they even had these on the site.

Let us know how the install goes, especially the shift control rod and arm. Can't wait to see the videos. One piece of advice I can give you on the rear mount is invest a few dollars in a die for the threads on the cat to flex pipe flange. Someone had previously cross threaded mine so I needed to re-thread it after I broke the nut (ouch!). Also, the other side went a lot easier after being cleaned with the die. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's the unboxing video! First off sorry about the video quality.. My cell phone isn't even a chinese knock off.. It's an indian knock off (from India not native americans) that I purchased 3 years ago so cameras on it in crappy lighting work about as well as the one that comes on any $60 tablet from walmart.. Maybe worse. I wanted to do much more with the video to make it more interesting, however unfortunately... Windows Video Editor sucks or my desktop is dying... I can't tell you how many times the app crashed using it last night just to cut up the video. Was up till 2. I guess this is why all the big youtubers use MAC Pros to edit but then.. My desktop is over 8 years old so.. yeah. I have done video editing in the past with other software (seemingly the older version of Windows Video Editor had more options.. hmm) but I'll try with the installation videos to use a good free-as-possible ware editing tool.. And have my friend video with his iPhone.

Awesome. That is everything I have as well, but now I need to get a red decal to represent my Deyeme mods. Did not know they even had these on the site.

Let us know how the install goes, especially the shift control rod and arm. Can't wait to see the videos. One piece of advice I can give you on the rear mount is invest a few dollars in a die for the threads on the cat to flex pipe flange. Someone had previously cross threaded mine so I needed to re-thread it after I broke the nut (ouch!). Also, the other side went a lot easier after being cleaned with the die. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up! I have wanted to invest in a tap and die set for quite sometime. Not sure if the budget permits at the moment (Since I spent all the extra on these parts! :D) but if I gotta do eet I gotta do eet.

·
Registered
306 Posts
:(

Now i want a Deyeme sticker!!!! Ill post that thing right on the side of my toolbox!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:(

Now i want a Deyeme sticker!!!! Ill post that thing right on the side of my toolbox!
Order one man! Just FYI for the sticker with shipping and handling on it's own it's $10.

Also it was funny because I am just so used to working with large corporate companies and affiliates where you will never know or speak or see social media people who work for the company, but when I called Deyeme to ask when my package was going to ship, Travis answered and it took me back. I was like... This Travis from the forums?! Lol. He was probably thinking... Yeeaaaahh, who the heck are you?! :p And he was very nice and helpful. Thanks again man.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Still loving my FIRM rear mount from Deyeme Racing on my Automatic trans Dart. Made the shifts and response faster and firmer. A 100% recommended upgrade for anybody with an Auto Dart that actually drives their vehicle.

Making Automatics Great Again! :wink:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Order one man! Just FYI for the sticker with shipping and handling on it's own it's $10.

Also it was funny because I am just so used to working with large corporate companies and affiliates where you will never know or speak or see social media people who work for the company, but when I called Deyeme to ask when my package was going to ship, Travis answered and it took me back. I was like... This Travis from the forums?! Lol. He was probably thinking... Yeeaaaahh, who the heck are you?! :p And he was very nice and helpful. Thanks again man.
Yep - $10. But the decal is really only $4, and shipping is just $1. But there are minimums in place to keep us from losing an arm and a leg when someone orders a single lug bolt or decal. It's best to order something like that (a decal or a couple spare lug bolts) with something else. The tiny S&H from the small items is pretty much absorbed by the bigger item, even if it's something we have to get drop-shipped from one of our distributors. That said, we love getting decals out to people that'll put 'em on and brag here and on FB about them, so if you've placed an order, it doesn't take much begging to get a free decal in your mailbox ;) Just gotta shoot us a message on FB or our website's Contact Us form.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I'm starting the process of just making sure I have all the tools (really I barely have any that will work on the Dart), but starting off with the rear mount (which I don't want to put anything else on until I put the mount on first):

I found reference in this thread:
https://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/deyeme-racing/37161-how-install-rear-motor-mount.html#post526105
As far as tools, the big bolt that is an 18mm head, the star bolts are 14mm or 15mm depending on how you look at them. Once I had the proper metric sockets and or wrenches, the install was a breeze. No issues at all. Let us know if you need any other help or assistance.
I'm a little confused as a thread @youngsmith53 mentioned also had a post stating that it's 13mm for the star bolts holding the mount bracket to the trans. Does anyone know exactly which size these bolts are?

Whittled down some kits, and found this one for $9 in store: E8, E10, E12, E14
https://www.autozone.com/screwdrivers/driver-bit/duralast-4-pcs-3-8-in-drive-chrome-vanadium-steel-star-socket-set/914166_0

Wanted to see if it would be more worth it to wait and order this $20 kit with E5, E6, E7, E8, E10, E12, E14, E16, E18 and E20
https://www.autozone.com/screwdrivers/driver-bit/oem-10-pcs-master-torque-socket-set/191054_0

My idea is if the $9 kit can be used for the trans mount and brakes or something else then that is good enough for me.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Just get the entire set. I have them all the way to E24. Tools are an investment. You can't use it if you don't have it.
(The front caliper bracket bolts are E20.)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the rear motor mount supposed to be off-center like that?
It's just an optical illusion because the poly blend doesn't overlap as much on the right side and the picture was taken at an angle. It is centered properly as far as I can tell anyway lol.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Yea, the mount really isn't off-center. It's probably the way the blue poly absorbed the camera flash, or a bit of black rubber over the aluminum edge. That color doesn't really look quite that dark in person. The mounts we make are made from brand new parts, so the thru-bolt portion is always in the correct position. The molds are also made using a brand new mount. In the case of the rear mount, we built up over thru-bolt insert with clay for making the "master" to make the mold from.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yea, the mount really isn't off-center. It's probably the way the blue poly absorbed the camera flash, or a bit of black rubber over the aluminum edge. That color doesn't really look quite that dark in person. The mounts we make are made from brand new parts, so the thru-bolt portion is always in the correct position. The molds are also made using a brand new mount. In the case of the rear mount, we built up over thru-bolt insert with clay for making the "master" to make the mold from.
I can attest it's not that dark in person. It's still darker than say the ice blue hoses on the shift rod and CDV delete, but yeah. My phone camera is crap :p

**BTW** hoping to put at least everything but the CDV on by this coming Saturday. I'll let you all know.

Also another big question I need answered before I start this journey..

For the brake fluid, how much should I purchase for this? I am going to bleed the brakes as well. I want this to be clear of any old fluid. 24oz? a quart? a gallon? Lol. I know a gallon would be pretty overkill, but just want to know from someone who has done the cdv and bled the brake system as well (and removed the old fluid from the reservoirs as well) how much fluid they used for it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can attest it's not that dark in person. It's still darker than say the ice blue hoses on the shift rod and CDV delete, but yeah. My phone camera is crap :p

**BTW** hoping to put at least everything but the CDV on by this coming Saturday. I'll let you all know.

Also another big question I need answered before I start this journey..

For the brake fluid, how much should I purchase for this? I am going to bleed the brakes as well. I want this to be clear of any old fluid. 24oz? a quart? a gallon? Lol. I know a gallon would be pretty overkill, but just want to know from someone who has done the cdv and bled the brake system as well (and removed the old fluid from the reservoirs as well) how much fluid they used for it.
Quart should get it done.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I know Mom usually says to watch the unit price and buy in bulk. That's great for a jar of olives, but not so much for brake fluid. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means once it's been opened, it has a pretty brief shelf life. They even make the reservoirs transparent now so you don't have to open them to check the level. So, it's better to buy more small containers of brake fluid than one big container.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I know Mom usually says to watch the unit price and buy in bulk. That's great for a jar of olives, but not so much for brake fluid. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means once it's been opened, it has a pretty brief shelf life. They even make the reservoirs transparent now so you don't have to open them to check the level. So, it's better to buy more small containers of brake fluid than one big container.
That does make sense. I have been reading about the differences between the DOT 3,4, and 5.1. I was initially wanting to go to 5.1 for the higher boil temps but I have also been noting in random car threads (not here) that they went to DOT 5.1 and all of a sudden their seals started leaking. Not sure if the 5.1 fluid is just thinner and thus allowing it to leak where it would not usually.. And yes. I know to never ever ever try to go to DOT5. But I also have wondered about a few people here who, after replacing their clutch master, their slave cylinder took a dump very shortly or right afterward. Even though it's impossible to know, I wonder if they were trying to go to DOT 5.1 and that's what did it. In reality it's not supposed to harm anything. After reading hundreds of posts around the web, 5.1 is compatible with 3 and 4. You could mix them all together if you wanted sans Dot 5, just that your boil temp would be closer to 3 in the end instead of what it's supposed to be.

But after all that reading I just kinda realized I should just stay with DOT 4. And in particular, I am trying to figure out if I should get Castrol DOT 4 (that @alpinegreenneon suggested), ATE TYP 200 Dot 4 (That at least a few members here run), or Brembo DOT4..

The Castrol DOT 4 is $14.00 /LTR and can be ordered through Walmart or Amazon and probably found in a local parts house.
ATE can't be purchased locally $13.26/LTR on Amazon (no smaller bottles)
Brembo DOT 4 is $11.99/ .5LTR at a local Autozone

Soooo.. Yeah. I have to figure this out lol. I'm going to look for the Castrol, and TBH I have no idea of the Brembo one is just market fluff but seems to have good reviews everywhere. ATE I know some members here run it and it's a great price (best price really out of the 3). There are also LV (Low Viscosity) versions of these but I don't know if that would be good in the clutch system. I may sound pretty dramatic about all this, but I just want to make sure I don't screw up the system. Brake system? Meh it's fine. Clutch system? That's where I get worried.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
With the Castrol DOT4, I notice less of a color change compared to previous fluids I used. It tends to stay clearer, not so brown. The color changes because of rust from the steel brake lines and calipers reacting with the water that brake fluid absorbs. The Castrol is supposed to be low moisture absorption so less water. If you replace what's in the reservoir every couple years, you should be safe. Eventually most of the original DOT3 gets to be DOT4. I have rebuilt calipers and am amazed how rusty the fluid is in them. I doubt that could be avoided just because of the nature of brake fluid being so hydroscopic.
I buy the quart size since I have 5 vehicles. If you close the cap tight, I don't see what difference it makes compared to what happens in the master cylinder.
I used to be able to find the Castrol easily, but now it seems no one near me has it so I get it online.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With the Castrol DOT4, I notice less of a color change compared to previous fluids I used. It tends to stay clearer, not so brown. The color changes because of rust from the steel brake lines and calipers reacting with the water that brake fluid absorbs. The Castrol is supposed to be low moisture absorption so less water. If you replace what's in the reservoir every couple years, you should be safe. Eventually most of the original DOT3 gets to be DOT4. I have rebuilt calipers and am amazed how rusty the fluid is in them. I doubt that could be avoided just because of the nature of brake fluid being so hydroscopic.
I buy the quart size since I have 5 vehicles. If you close the cap tight, I don't see what difference it makes compared to what happens in the master cylinder.
I used to be able to find the Castrol easily, but now it seems no one near me has it so I get it online.
Yeah it is weird..

I ran all around the tiny Town closest to me and here is what I have found:

Advance Auto Parts - worthless.. no inverted torx sockets at all, only dot 3 fluid to be had except house brand dot4.. even the dot 3 was more generic brands.. also no one man brake bleeders.

AutoZone - had inverted torx sockets (star sockets) but only one kit that went from E8 to E16. Didn't include E20. Also only had pintosin dot4, generic brand Dot4, and Brembo Dot4. Had a brake bleeder kit but the one was the tiny $8 job, and the other was $40!!(on their website they sell it for $30?)

Just to try it, checked the Home Depot but they had zero inverted sockets so.. Looks like I might as well mosey down to the Harbor Freight a few towns away next week and order my DOT4 off of Amazon.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
13 Participants
Dartanyion
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing