Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody have the alpine? What is your opinion on it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
i have it in my car and i think it sounds awesome. unfortunately i cant compare it to any other decent systems because this is my first car with subs. i do know that i can crank up my music pretty damn loud and it doesnt rattle the car to death or sound bad in any way. however, i dont listen to rap which would really push the bass to its limits. all hard rock/metal coming from my car and it sounds great!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually very interested in hearing this as well because I ordered this with my dart and I'm waiting for it to be made.
I listen to a lot of rap...and it hardly rattles.....sounds really good IMO
@xomaybekatie Same here! Ordered my dart with alpine and am curious how well it will perform.
@kr8music I listen to a TUN of rap, hip hop, and pop and bass is my main concern.

·
Registered
928 Posts
It's worth every penny. Blows my wife's Boston Accustics 6 speaker setup in her Avenger out of the water! (And she agrees with that statement)

Reactions: hbuckingham15

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
I have it and think its awesome! Its far and above the stock system. To me its well worth the $500 you pay for it. No tearing the car half apart, splicing wires, etc. Plus, if there's ever an issue with it, its under warranty for the first few years.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's worth every penny. Blows my wife's Boston Accustics 6 speaker setup in her Avenger out of the water! (And she agrees with that statement)
You just completely got me psyched for my order. Thank you!! That is the exact kind of statement I've been looking for as I have heard the 6 speaker boston acoustics and was worried it would be similar. Kudos to you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have it and think its awesome! Its far and above the stock system. To me its well worth the $500 you pay for it. No tearing the car half apart, splicing wires, etc. Plus, if there's ever an issue with it, its under warranty for the first few years.
Yeah I was mostly worried because my dealer only had the stock system on the lot. I listened with my phone in the auxilary port and was super dissapointed. Crossing my fingers the alpine will blow me away like other people have said!

·
Registered
75 Posts
you guys are making me feel great that I ordered this in mine! I was worried it wouldn't be worth it so now I'm even more pumped!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like I'll be happy about this too, I do some live sound work and occasionally record some stuff, I am admittedly a little snobbish about sound and have a decent (4k+) vinyl, yes lp's, collection, I almost didn't order this, but the overall vehicle price was well within range, so I figured WTF and loaded up my limited. It's built, now just waiting for it to get here

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like I'll be happy about this too, I do some live sound work and occasionally record some stuff, I am admittedly a little snobbish about sound and have a decent (4k+) vinyl, yes lp's, collection, I almost didn't order this, but the overall vehicle price was well within range, so I figured WTF and loaded up my limited. It's built, now just waiting for it to get here
If your up to it, It'd be great to hear your review of it once you get the car. From mids, lows and highs, clarity, sound imaging. That would be great. I am extremely picky about my audio systems as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Having one ear completely gone due to a nastly lil bacteria the doctor called... 'interesting' , I really appreciate quality sound and I can't complain one bit about the Alpine system.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
@xomaybekatie Same here! Ordered my dart with alpine and am curious how well it will perform.
@kr8music I listen to a TUN of rap, hip hop, and pop and bass is my main concern.
Trust me..the 9 speaker and factory sub sounds amazing.....no matter what brand of music you listen too.......I love it......man..worth every dime....no video can and will do it any justice...you have to listen to it in person

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not as good as the Alpine system in my last Ram, better than the system in my current truck, however its not the prem. system in my new truck so I cant really compare that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't had a chance to play with mine yet, when I tested one on the lot with a sample track it seemed pretty decent. I'm spoiled by my Magnum with the Boston Acoustics and some added 12" subs though so it will be hard to compare.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey I'm getting alpine installed, not the nine but at car toys, is it better than the stock?
Getting amp and sub later, starting with alpine 6x9's

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Sounds great without it to me, our Ram has the Alpine and it sounds great too.

·
Premium Member
13,037 Posts
I am far from an audiophile; but I love it. I had to turn down the bass a bit, personal taste; but it works great at the drive-in theater, if that helps? They transmit over FM, but it sounds like the 'normal' theater to me. :D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts