Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just letting everyone know. The reputation system has been tweaked. You only need to spread reputation to 3 people now before giving to the same person again. The old requirement (software default) was TWENTY! Haha, needless to say I doubt anyone has received rep from the same person twice.

So now, feel free to spread that wonderful rep around!

If you haven't used the rep system before. It's the little star looking button at the bottom left of every post. Right next to the report button. Use it to give reputation to someone for giving out a post you think was helpful.

You can go to My Profile->Reputation tab to see your current reputation amount.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about damn time, lol. I was wondering how many times I had to rep someone before I could go back through and spread the love on other good posts!
Haha, the feeling is mutual. My jaw about hit the floor when CK told us it was at 20.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
@Mr Bacon -

So I currently have 4 "Rank" bars ... and 3 "Rep" bars:

57ChryslerDart Rank & Rep.JPG

... and 216 "Rep" points:

57ChryslerDart Reputation Received & Points.JPG

I'm curious what this actually means ...

It seems as if there's a direct correlation between the number of posts a member has made and the number of "Rank" bars he or she has ... but how is the number of "Rep" bars determined? ... and how are the number "Rep" points calculated?

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@cereal killer do you think you could provide us with the details on how the rank/rep system bars and points are structured? It seems like the rep system is mostly set to default. So I have a basic idea on how it's set up, but I'd rather get the real info from the source :p

·
Super Moderator
4,538 Posts
@Mr Bacon -

So I currently have 4 "Rank" bars ... and 3 "Rep" bars:

... and 216 "Rep" points:

I'm curious what this actually means ...

It seems as if there's a direct correlation between the number of posts a member has made and the number of "Rank" bars he or she has ... but how is the number of "Rep" bars determined? ... and how are the number "Rep" points calculated?
I visited this a while back when looking into it. We were provided a table of how the rep system breaks down. "Level 2" is something along the lines of *insert user* will become famous soon enough. For example me, @Mr Bacon, @starscream5000, @youngsmith53, and a couple other members have that rank, but only have still the first bar. For some reason the second bar does not show up on that level, and then when you reach "Level 3" which is what you currently are at, then you jump straight to 3 bars. A glitch in the system that maybe @cereal killer can fix, but I am not sure of the reason why, or how simple/hard it is to fix.

Here is a direct break down in this post on how the reputation system works in numbers.

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/new-member-introduction-site-assistance/28416-detailed-rep-mechanics-discussions-2.html

Now that the limit has been brought down this might get our rep system actually in working order. No one seems to use it, and I try and mention it whenever I can to spark interest. I always dream to get as much rep as 57CD :) lol

Edit: For those that don't like to open links
userrep.png

With the above said, I think some of those numbers could be lowered. I know our site is new still, but unless we really start using the rep system consistently across the board I don't see many users even getting to the half way point on the rep system.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I visited this a while back when looking into it. We were provided a table of how the rep system breaks down. "Level 2" is something along the lines of *insert user* will become famous soon enough. For example me, @Mr Bacon, @starscream5000, @youngsmith53, and a couple other members have that rank, but only have still the first bar. For some reason the second bar does not show up on that level, and then when you reach "Level 3" which is what you currently are at, then you jump straight to 3 bars. A glitch in the system that maybe @cereal killer can fix, but I am not sure of the reason why, or how simple/hard it is to fix.

Here is a direct break down in this post on how the reputation system works.

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/new-member-introduction-site-assistance/28416-detailed-rep-mechanics-discussions-2.html

The more reputation you get, the more you can give. I believe mine right now is around 5, every time I give some one rep, which I try and do whenever I can. Now that the limit has been brought down this might get our rep system actually in working order. No one seems to use it, and I try and mention it whenever I can to spark interest. I always dream to get as much rep as 57CD :) lol

Edit: For those that don't like to open links
You're close, but there actually is a point for two bars. @Bullfrog is one who is at 2 bars of rep at the moment. From what I gathered. The rep power is based more off of post count, not reputation points. Seeing as YS53 and I were comparing. I actually have more rep points than him, but he has 3 more rep power than I do still.

If you want a better overview. I'd recommend going to the member list (found under the Community drop down) and then click on the reputation header so it'll sort by rep.

Edit: I believe 100 rep points gets you two bars, but the title still doesn't change till you hit 150.

My bet is that the rep bars increase for every 100 rep points and then the titles are based off the image CK posted.

·
Super Moderator
4,538 Posts
You're close, but there actually is a point for two bars. @Bullfrog is one who is at 2 bars of rep at the moment. From what I gathered. The rep power is based more off of post count, not reputation points. Seeing as YS53 and I were comparing. I actually have more rep points than him, but he has 3 more rep power than I do still.

If you want a better overview. I'd recommend going to the member list (found under the Community drop down) and then click on the reputation header so it'll sort by rep.

Edit: I believe 100 rep points gets you two bars, but the title still doesn't change till you hit 150.

My bet is that the rep bars increase for every 100 rep points and then the titles are based off the image CK posted.
Indeed you are right. I assumed rep was based off your own rep. I shall edit my post. That is odd though that the two bars doesn't happen until 100 even though the status for the 2 bars is acquired at 50. Very confusing it seems. I am at 72 rep but have the same status as BF.

Edit: It looks as if the love is being spread in this post. You Bacon have now earned 2 bars as we speak lol

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There, I just jumped to two bars because I went over 100 points, but my title is still the same. Thank you YS ;)

So this supports my theory that rep title and bars are determined separately from one another.

·
Super Moderator
4,538 Posts
There, I just jumped to two bars because I went over 100 points, but my title is still the same. Thank you YS ;)

So this supports my theory that rep title and bars are determined separately from one another.
I just find that extremely odd. My next question would be is there 10 bars you can earn per each status or maybe just like 5 bars after so much rep. If there isn't 10 bars (that's a lot of bars) then it makes sense why they are at different intervals. But I'm sure CK can clear it all up why it's like this.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
I just find that extremely odd. My next question would be is there 10 bars you can earn per each status or maybe just like 5 bars after so much rep. If there isn't 10 bars (that's a lot of bars) then it makes sense why they are at different intervals. But I'm sure CK can clear it all up why it's like this.
and... What is the ratio of Stanley Nickels to Schrute Bucks??????

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have wondered this as well. I have not made many posts, but my Rep power on the home screen reads: Rep Power: 0.

Maybe I need to get to 10 or 100 posts or something to earn any rep. Oh well I guess I will find out sooner or later! Great topic though! I know from some other forums I have been on it has a similar rep cred or you get these banners under your picture based on how long you've been on the forums. Like the 10 veterans on the Neon forums and such. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,538 Posts
The question remains, what is rank?
I am positive that is based on posts. I just got 4 bar rank (Car Chief but you cannot see it because my rank is Super Mod), when I hit 3000 posts I believe. I'm pretty sure the day I made post 3000 I watched it change. Like above M_herman is rank newb (sorry :p) and she has no rank at all.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Appears that rep power is based on a combination of post count and rep points. I don't yet understand how, but that's the theory. I gained 1 rep power when I got past 100 rep points. So I'm at 5, but that's still less than YS's 7 :p

Bars and rep titles are independent from one another. I can safely assume, thanks to 57CD, that you will have 2 rep bars at 100 rep points and 3 rep bars at 200 rep points. The titles are awarded at their own points based off that chart CK provided. So I can have 100 rep points and have 2 rep bars with the title "will become famous soon enough." Then, with 150 rep points, I will still be at 2 rep bars, but now with the title "has a spectacular aura about." Then at 200 rep points I'll have 3 bars, but still with the "has a spectacular aura about" title. This is confirmed up to only this point, because we have no one beyond 215ish so the bar progress could change.

If this pans out to be true, at 250 rep points, the user will have 3 rep bars with the title "is a jewel in the rough."

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I am positive that is based on posts. I just got 4 bar rank (Car Chief but you cannot see it because my rank is Super Mod), when I hit 3000 posts I believe. I'm pretty sure the day I made post 3000 I watched it change. Like above M_herman is rank newb (sorry :p) and she has no rank at all.
that does seem to fit

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
There, I just jumped to two bars because I went over 100 points, but my title is still the same ...
... and just think, when you reach the 450 point threshold, your title will change to "Mr Bacon is a glorious BeACON of light" :rolleyes: :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts