Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, it's time to order new headlight and fog light bulbs, after waiting for LED from one of our vendors, I can't drive at night anymore (due to my poor eyesight) stock (oem) bulbs are good, but not enough... Soooo, that being said, I need better, brighter bulbs with no electrical issues in the future ...
Looking for PIIA 9006 Xtreme white (4000K) PIAA | 9006 XTreme White Plus Twin Pack Halogen Bulbs #19616 for my headlights and Putco (4400K) H11 Putco® - Dodge Dart 2013 Fog/Driving Light Replacement Bulbs

What do you guys think? Any inputs? Maybe you know something better? Also, please, don't suggest me HIDs, I don't want them :(

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'll be honest with you dude. I've tried just about all the bulbs out. And just about all hids. I've never been impressed with any of the bulbs that claim to be brighter. Including putco,nokya, zxe, etc. so honest to god if I were you, I'd invest in some good hids. Probably 4300 or 5000k 55watt since u have bad vision. That's just my 0.02cents.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sorry about suggesting hids. I'd stay stock then. All those other bulbs are SHIT. waste of money and they never lasted me
More than a few weeks a they'd go out.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ok guys, it's time to order new headlight and fog light bulbs, after waiting for LED from one of our vendors, I can't drive at night anymore (due to my poor eyesight) stock (oem) bulbs are good, but not enough... Soooo, that being said, I need better, brighter bulbs with no electrical issues in the future ...
Looking for PIIA 9006 Xtreme white (4000K) PIAA | 9006 XTreme White Plus Twin Pack Halogen Bulbs #19616 for my headlights and Putco (4400K) H11 Putco® - Dodge Dart 2013 Fog/Driving Light Replacement Bulbs

What do you guys think? Any inputs? Maybe you know something better? Also, please, don't suggest me HIDs, I don't want them :(
For the headlamps, you will be sorely disappointed. Though they will be whiter than the sock bulbs, they will not illuminate as well and their lifespan is going to be about 1/4 of the stock bulb.

I did a lot of comparisons. Check my thread.
http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-lighting/12968-headlamp-comparison-guide.html

Personally, if you want whiter/brighter output, the only choice is to go HID. LED may be a possibility, but I haven't been able to research it as much, and based on a recent discovery, it will be tricky to get them to work properly.

You'll get whiter with those bulbs, but it's going to be dimmer on the road than stock.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Yeah that's what I said. I tried all those other xenon lookalike bulbs claiming to be brighter but they never lasted long at all, and they were quite a bit dimmer than stock and horrible in rain!!!. In the long run(and short run) hids are your best bet.

Sent from my iPad using DodgeDart

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
There is a motor in the headlight assembly that moves a shutter out of the way when high beams are turned on. If the headlight access panel in the wheel well is missing and enough water splashes the brown connector to the headlight assembly, it's very possible corrosion is preventing the shutter motor from working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts