Dodge Dart Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have no compression because the valves are not closing.
The vales are not closing because you have air in the Multiair actuators / AKA Multiair Brick

You have to just keep cranking the hell out the engine until the actuators bleed out the air, and fill with oil.
I killed my battery at least 3 times, maybe 4 times, from just cranking it over 2 days.

Eventually the engine will regain compression and sputter back to life.

FYI, I learned about this because I had to completely take apart my engine after getting oil and coolant mixing together from a blown head gasket.
I did not use any special tool either when removing or replacing the multiair actuator / AKA Multiair Brick.
This is most likely my issue. Been having problems with my 2016 Dodge Dart SXT (2.4L) since Sept 2022. I have 122K miles, ride it to the MAX as I commute a ton. Since the problems started I replaced the following:

-Map Sensor
-Spark Plugs
-PCV Valve
-All four Ignition Coils
-Air Filter
-Like 3 hoses

The big issue is still compression, car will not start out the gate. I found that turning the ignition to the RUN position and letting the fuel pump initiate twice. Pressing the gas pedal 3 times and then trying to start it helps it start. Although this is not practical, my next move is taking it to the Dodge dealership and paying a ton to have the Multiair brick replaced.

Any suggestions and or advice helps. This seems to be the best resource on the web, next to YOUTUBE.

·
Administrator
6,121 Posts
This is most likely my issue. Been having problems with my 2016 Dodge Dart SXT (2.4L) since Sept 2022. I have 122K miles, ride it to the MAX as I commute a ton. Since the problems started I replaced the following:

-Map Sensor
-Spark Plugs
-PCV Valve
-All four Ignition Coils
-Air Filter
-Like 3 hoses

The big issue is still compression, car will not start out the gate. I found that turning the ignition to the RUN position and letting the fuel pump initiate twice. Pressing the gas pedal 3 times and then trying to start it helps it start. Although this is not practical, my next move is taking it to the Dodge dealership and paying a ton to have the Multiair brick replaced.

Any suggestions and or advice helps. This seems to be the best resource on the web, next to YOUTUBE.
If priming helps, then the problem is the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel pump not the MultiAir. Replace the fuel pump assembly. Pull the rear seat cushion and then the access panel to get to the fuel pump.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts