Dodge Dart Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the VVAA is being replaced (new part), it is recommended that the VVAA be primed with NEW/CLEAN oil after installation. This will limit the amount of time it takes for the assembly to fill while cranking the engine. If the cylinder head cover is installed the service port can be accessed through the opening at the rear of the cover (1).
View attachment 129911

Using an oil can with a CLEAN soft tip or similar tool like a NEW plastic syringe, force CLEAN, UNUSED oil into the service port (1). Continue to inject oil until oil flows continuously from the bleed port (2) or until a maximum of 200 mL has been injected.
View attachment 129912
If the brick is not properly aligned can it cause the same problems

·
Administrator
6,116 Posts
If you didn't have your battery hooked up to a charger after all that cranking, your battery could be low. You should have been able to see if it was aligned correctly. Were the plungers of the MultiAir centered over the valve stem tips? Did you tighten the bolts sequentially and incrementally half a turn at a time until it was seated. Did you use a torque wrench once it was seated in the correct sequence?
Step 1: all to 89 inch lbs.
Step 2: all to 16 foot lbs.
Step 3: all again to 16 foot lbs

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes I did and it ran for like 2 minutes and I went to to rev it up to 1000 rpm so it would get to op temp faster but it died (after I made sure everything was aligned and it was) but what is weird it only acts like it wants to start with the gas pedal to the floor

·
Administrator
6,116 Posts
Check for codes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
P0108
P0113
P0340
These are all the new codes that popped up after I replace the brick and have been cranking it
- it already had codes present before I replaced that brick but it started with the codes that were already in the system but now it won’t with the new codes

·
Administrator
6,116 Posts
Is this a 1.4L or 2.4L MultiAir engine? What were the original codes that led you to replace the MultiAir? Since you have had it running, you likely have an intermittent wiring or connector problem.

·
Administrator
6,116 Posts
P0108 and P0113 both have the word "circuit". P0340 is also likely wiring.

P0108-MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH
Rectangle Parallel Font Slope Diagram

Possible Causes
5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
MAP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
MAP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
MAP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
MAP SENSOR
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

P0113-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT HIGH
Slope Parallel Rectangle Font Pattern

Possible Causes
IAT SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
IAT SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
IAT SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN OR HIGH RESISTANCE
INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE (IAT) SENSOR

P0340-CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT - BANK 1 SENSOR 1
Rectangle Parallel Font Slope Diagram

Possible Causes
CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE
CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED GROUND
CMP SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO THE 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT
SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR

·
Administrator
6,116 Posts
Sometimes a good cleaning is all a map sensor needs. Beware of aftermarket chinesium sensors.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The new cam sensor I put in it went bad that’s why it wasn’t starting, I thought. After further digging with the code scanner there is a u0401-00 code and it only comes on when driving , when it comes on its dies and doesnt want to start. I can clear it and it fires right back up. I’m not sure what could be causing the code
- it can idle all day and not have a problem

·
Administrator
6,116 Posts
You had circuit codes but instead of checking the circuits, you throw parts at it. Sorry but it could possibly be the junk auto parts store sensors made in China. Network codes do not usually prevent a car from starting. Using a multimeter, check all the connectors and wiring you took apart to replace the MultiAir brick and visit a junkyard and get oem mopar sensors.

28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics / MODULE, Body Control (BCM) / Diagnosis and Testing

U0401-86-IMPLAUSIBLE DATA RECEIVED FROM ECM/PCM - SIGNAL INVALID

•When Monitored:
With the ignition on.

•Set Condition:
Incorrect data received from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Possible Causes

NO COMMUNICATION WITH THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)
DTCS STORED OR ACTIVE IN THE PCM
BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM)

1.CHECK FOR AN ACTIVE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC)

1. Turn the ignition on.

2. With the scan tool, read active DTCs.

Does the scan tool display this DTC as active?

Yes

•Go To 2

No

•The condition that caused this code to set is not present at this time. Check for an intermittent condition by inspecting the related wiring harness for chafed, pierced, pinched, and partially broken wires. Also inspect the related connectors for broken, bent, pushed out, spread, corroded, or contaminated terminals.
•Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

2.VERIFY THE PCM IS ACTIVE ON THE CAN BUS

1. With the scan tool, verify that the PCM is active on the bus.

NOTE: If any DTCs are stored in the PCM, repair those first before proceeding.

Is the PCM active on the bus?

Yes

•Replace and program the BCM in accordance with the Service Information. (Refer to 08 - Electrical/8E - Electronic Control Modules/MODULE, Body Control - Removal) .
•Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Body Control (BCM) - Standard Procedure).

No

•(Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) and perform the No Response from PCM diagnostic procedure.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts