Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Took my '15 aero in to Meineke for a quick check up and like I thought, I need to replace the brake pads and rotors all around. I've been putting it off for a couple months because funds are tight with this pandemic. So now its something that really needs fixed. The guys at Meineke are usually pretty fair with prices, but I am a woman so when I go to shops I almost always get quoted much higher than normal for repairs. So doing a quick price check.. is $820 a good price to get the brakes and rotors replaced? I called to another shop and the tech on the phone wasn't taking me seriously when I was asking about pricing so I figured I would hop on here to ask you guys!

Thanks so much :)

·
Administrator
5,667 Posts
Even though you are a woman, you can do your own brakes. Go to Rock Auto's web site and get some idea of what the parts cost. Power Stop Geomet coated is a good choice. You do not need drilled and slotted rotors.There are lots of you tube videos showing what is involved. It's really just a matter of removing and replacing parts with common tools and you'll save money.

Reactions: Krisp_C

·
Registered
2014 Dodge Dart SXT 2.4
67 Posts
Hey guys!

Took my '15 aero in to Meineke for a quick check up and like I thought, I need to replace the brake pads and rotors all around. I've been putting it off for a couple months because funds are tight with this pandemic. So now its something that really needs fixed. The guys at Meineke are usually pretty fair with prices, but I am a woman so when I go to shops I almost always get quoted much higher than normal for repairs. So doing a quick price check.. is $820 a good price to get the brakes and rotors replaced? I called to another shop and the tech on the phone wasn't taking me seriously when I was asking about pricing so I figured I would hop on here to ask you guys!

Thanks so much :)
So on May 2nd I got bored and did the front rotors and pads on our 2014 Dart SXT. Alpinegreenneon is correct (as usual) in his suggestion about Rock Auto. Parts were $110.00 + $9.00 for an E-Torx socket (see photo) I didn’t have. Got the coated rotors as I live in NW PA. Boredom continued through the next month when I did our Journey for $118.00, same Power Stop pads and coated rotors from Rock Auto. Auto part Wheel
Auto part Wheel Vehicle brake Vehicle Brake

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.