Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine did this once this winter. But it was a warmer day and really damp out. The rest of winter when it was 0° she ran fine. That was after sitting for three days. I bet I'm on that list. :(

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have that engine n trans combo. It will be interesting to see just how long it takes for Dodge to notify me of the recall. Or, will they just leave it go until you show up for an oil change or something???

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm guessing the the cold causes the transmission to throw some sort of code (maybe fluid viscosity related or something like that?), which shuts the engine down to protect itself.
That makes sense, after reading the article I was thinking it was the air/fuel mix or something more mechanically related rather than Trans related.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I don't care who you are, that's funny! :haha: But change Transmission for Temperatures

@WRX03 - Good catch! ... I actually meant to write "Temperatures" ... but had done a cut-n-paste from one of my older posts which included the acronym for DDCT (i.e., Dual Dry Clutch Transmission) ... and in my haste, forgot to modify "Transmission" to read "Temperatures" :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.