Dodge Dart Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2.0 automatic and I got a recall for the engine torque rod bolt in the mail. Is there any damage that has already taken place because of this? Also does anyone have concerns about how these cars shift into gear hard sometimes?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have a 2.0 automatic and I got a recall for the engine torque rod bolt in the mail. Is there any damage that has already taken place because of this? Also does anyone have concerns about how these cars shift into gear hard sometimes?
They are saying that it may cause a rattle but I haven't see anyone on here say they have had issues.

As for shifting hard, I felt it a lot in the first 10,000 miles but it really smoothed out after my first oil change.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Had mine done last week, took .20 hours, which was done quicker than my oil change (.30 hours). I never noticed a difference before or after the recall, but it's all taken care of now.

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
Ours went in yesterday they say they have to order the part in and it will take 2 days to complete the job.
Wow. What kind of drugs are they on?
Got my letter yesterday.
Stopped by dealer this morning when they opened.
They said, yeah... we got this... you want to do it now? 30 mins?
I said sure! I'll go ooggle the Viper in your showroom awhile!
In and out 45 minutes to wait for paperwork to get processed. Actual job like 20 mins.
N20 / replace engine torque bolt.
qty. 1) fp number 6503993
description Bolt Hex 18050007
But I will say, I have an exceptionally great dealer. Never any confusion. So far never any disappointments.

·
Banned
8,525 Posts
So, I oogled the Viper in the showroom. Salesman took the display ropes and let me sit in it. Incredible. Super low entry head area, but once inside... sweet. I'm a large guy, and there is lots of room once you're inside. Amazing Lil' car. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Dodge Viper

·
Banned
8,525 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I received TWO brochures in the mail. Describing to me wha the recal was for and what to look/listen for in a faulty torque rod. "possibly not tightened during manufacturing process"..hmm. In any case, i made an appointment and am going to get the part replaced soon enough.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It took 30 min for the dealership to fix the issue. No biggie I hope.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
www.moparownercenter.com I believe this TSB is for the 1.4 manuals. Haven't had any issues with ours. Yo might just need to take it to the dealer for a look see

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Vehicle Fictional character

Just had my torque rod bolt replaced and this is what it was that needs replacing.

Sent from my iPhone using DodgeDart

61 - 80 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.