Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the recall notice with a build date of 10/10/2012. I'm also curious as to what the part does.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Aug '12 build - no recalls

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Will check once I get home

Yup, I'm on the list. :( Oct '12 build here too

Has anyone here had this fixed yet? Just curious as to how long it takes and what it consists of?

I've seen the end, and there is no light. Like deadly snakes, death rattle shakes!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
My service manager said its a motor mount boult that was not torqued correctly and if it happens to vibrate loose will start rattling. All they are doing is taking the one boult out and torquing in a new one.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just checked the owners site and I have the recall as well. Build date October 2012.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I just left the dealer in the bolts are on back order. They don't know how long it's going to take to get them in, but they're going to contact me when they come in.
I'll keep you all posted...

I've seen the end, and there is no light. Like deadly snakes, death rattle shakes!

·
Registered
359 Posts
My dealers service manager called me today about my appointment for next Monday. He was canceling because the tech should have never set it. He said the manufacturer hasn't even issued instructions on the recall nor do they have a set time when the replacement items will be in. He said he wouldn't be surprised if it was a month or two. In the meantime, don't drive the car too much was his opinion. Well thanks!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
My dealers service manager called me today about my appointment for next Monday. He was canceling because the tech should have never set it. He said the manufacturer hasn't even issued instructions on the recall nor do they have a set time when the replacement items will be in. He said he wouldn't be surprised if it was a month or two. In the meantime, don't drive the car too much was his opinion. Well thanks!
yeah when i was part of the 1st recall, received my letter in the mail in December 2012, told me it would be about a month which it was. part came in mid-January 2013

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I talked to the at my dealer, he said it was a suspension bolt that probably came loose on one car, and the other 15999 were just preventative.

I asked if I was ok to drive, and he told me I was...

I still wouldn't recommend driving it like ya stole it, but from what he said, I'm not worried about to and from work and around town stuff... YMMV

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
This recall should really be named something more detailed. The way they worded it makes it sound like the Connecting rod bolts weren't torqued properly and need to be retorqued, which is pretty serious shit...

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
This recall should really be named something more detailed. The way they worded it makes it sound like the Connecting rod bolts weren't torqued properly and need to be retorqued, which is pretty serious shit...
I agree... everything I've heard about this recall makes it sound less serious than the title would make one presume.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Mine is on the recall they have to order the part in.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ikr!

I started reading this thread and thought, "what are they talking about??? rod-bolt?!?" :eek:

I was pissed - "wtf - my little 1.4L grenades itself under stock boost?!?" :(

Then I read on and found out, "nope - just such little a brute, it shakes itself loose!" :D

21 - 40 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.