Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Dart 2016
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used Dodge Dart 2016. I have looked all over the web, but have yet to find an answer. My vr doesn't pickup voice commands,it talks fine. It looks like there are two differant radios that it came with, mine is not the touch screen one. The rear view mirror has the two microphones on top. I just want to get it to work. Could it be a bad fuse, or loose wire, or do I need to replace the microphones or the mirror? Some advice please.

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
It could be several things: the Convergence Telematics Module (CTM) buried in the dash, wiring, or the mirror. Make sure you have the correct mirror with microphones. Sometimes when a windshield is replaced, the installer uses a mirror that doesn't have microphones. If your mirror does not have the wire channel on the glass going into the headliner, that could be the problem. The microphone mirror is quite thick and has slots on each side. If you have the correct mirror, then check the wiring with a multimeter.

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
23 - Body / Interior / MIRROR, Rearview / Removal

REMOVAL

TELEMATICS MIRROR

NOTE:
View shown from exterior of the vehicle.

1.Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2.Using Trim Stick C-4755, separate the mirror trim, harness trim covers and remove.

3.Disconnect the mirror harness connector (1).

4.Accessing through the vehicle interior, twist the mirror assembly (2) clockwise and release the mirror from the aluminum button attached to the windshield.

23 - Body / Interior / MIRROR, Rearview / Installation

INSTALLATION

TELEMATICS MIRROR

1.Place the rearview mirror over the aluminum button in the upper center of the windshield.

2.Twist the mirror base onto the button in a counter clockwise direction to attach the mirror.

NOTE:
Mirror must be fully seated or wedged onto the button before rotating.

NOTE:
Mirror must be rotated in a counter clockwise direction.

3.Connect the electrical connector (1) and install the trim cover.

4.Install the mirror trim and harness trim covers

5.Connect the negative battery cable.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would find out what radio your Dart ORIGINALLY came with. Unless you're the original owner then start looking at modules/wiring/grounds as Alpine has suggested. Even a look at a modular connector or wire rub can cause all sorts of unwanted issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts