Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my brakes the other day for power stop one clicks. Not too bad of an install. I’ve noticed a noise from the back wheels of my dart since I bought it. While I had the brakes off I spun the wheel bearing and it feels pretty dry. Dealer wants a $200 deductible but I can buy both rear bearings myself for under $100 for moog or timken. I see some reviews where the lugs are a different size thread than the thread in the bearing. Kind of concerning. If anyone has used these with no problems let me know.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I changed my brakes the other day for power stop one clicks. Not too bad of an install. I’ve noticed a noise from the back wheels of my dart since I bought it. While I had the brakes off I spun the wheel bearing and it feels pretty dry. Dealer wants a $200 deductible but I can buy both rear bearings myself for under $100 for moog or timken. I see some reviews where the lugs are a different size thread than the thread in the bearing. Kind of concerning. If anyone has used these with no problems let me know.
I installed a Moog on the rear no issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I’ll go ahead and order. Sucks I gotta take the brakes back off. Except it’s a good way to socially distance. 😃. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops...found it in an old thread. 129 ft lbs. and make a paint mark to help ensure it’s in the right spot

·
Registered
273 Posts
no issues with this rear wheel bearing. I had one go and when I did the brakes and drilled rotors, I switched out both rears without anything additional needing to be done

·
Premium Member
2013 Dart Limited 1.4T 6-Speed
230 Posts
I've used a couple of Moogs on my Dart with no issues. Install is really simple.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got them from autozone for $47 a piece. Next day arrival too. Better than waiting for carid or rockauto. Do they come with the spindle nut? Or do I have get one? They’re hard to find. I found one made by dorman but the question is, is it safe? I know you shouldn’t reuse the spindle nut but I’m gonna try to reuse the dust cap.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I got them from autozone for $47 a piece. Next day arrival too. Better than waiting for carid or rockauto. Do they come with the spindle nut? Or do I have get one? They’re hard to find. I found one made by dorman but the question is, is it safe? I know you shouldn’t reuse the spindle nut but I’m gonna try to reuse the dust cap.
Usually they never come with the nut. I have never replaced the spindle nuts on any vehicle, just reused the old ones.

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts
I reuse the nuts with no problem. Just make sure to use a torque wrench. You should be able to find the correct torque if you search. If the nut isn't tight enough, the bearing will fail early.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it replaced. No problems. The old one came off easily and the original nut was in good shape so I torqued it down to 129 and called it a day. Talk about night and day difference with the sound. So awesome now. Check this pic of the rear drivers side bearing. Super gnarly. Guess that explains the loud whooshing sound and the vibration.👻

·
Super Moderator
3,380 Posts
:oops: And you drove it like that?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah. I seriously can’t believe it came off the spindle so easy. Not only that but it isn’t even seized. The bearing still spins. 😂.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I first bought the car the dealer replaced the front passenger side wheel hub for free because it was causing my cruise control to not work over 67mph. Then a few weeks back I went to Les Schwab and had my wheel bolts replaced and they stripped one and replaced the front driver side for free. I did mine last week with the moogs for under a hundred bucks. Now I’m all set for a while. Question is...what do I do next. I’m thinking transmission flush.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts