Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 - I think base model. I have UConnect but no center console screen.
I got an error message that my R turn signal is out. Got home, checked and the front is flashing and the rear, nothing.
Checked the brake lights. When the brake is pressed, the light initially is on but quiclly goes back to just running light brightness.
I can't find any i formation on what would vause that or how to fix it.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
The rear lighting is LEDs. It is serviced as an assembly. If you have a multimeter, verify the wiring and grounds before buying anything. It could be the BCM.
exteriorlightingschematic.jpg

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
If you bothered to look at the schematic I posted, you wouldn't have to ask. Body Control Module.
I also said that before you buy anything, get out your multimeter and verify that there is a ground and voltage at the wiring connector to the tail lamp assembly.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you bothered to look at the schematic I posted, you wouldn't have to ask. Body Control Module.
I also said that before you buy anything, get out your multimeter and verify that there is a ground and voltage at the wiring connector to the tail lamp assembly.
To be fair, on your diagram it's listed as Module, Body Control. Not that you're wrong, and someone like you and I may understand it, OP may not be that into tinkering with their cars and is just looking for some help on a valid issue.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
If it is the BCM or the wiring, hopefully the OP is smart enough to realize he doesn't have a clue how to fix it himself. Bend over and take it to a dealer or a mechanic that understands automotive electronics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is absolutely no reason to be rude. I am simply picking the braind of others that have been there. I appreciate the schematic and will look at it when I can.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everybody has different levels of expertise. It's always important to remember when posting technical information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts