Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade my factory speakers, I have the 2013 dodge dart se, 4 speaker system. I guessing the 4 speakers are 2 in the dash, and 2 in the front door. My question is are there speaker wires or harness to add speakers to to the rear door?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
The dart comes with a 4 speaker system as you know & have...

They also come with a Premium sound system which includes 6x9's inthe front + rear doors and (2) tweeters in the dadh.

Then there is also the Alpine System
which has a total of (10) speakers.. (3) in the dash, 6x9's in the doors, (2) 3.5" in the rear shelf, and a 8" subwoofer in the rear shelf...

I have the Premium Sound and added a 12" sub & amp. I tapped into the rear drivers side 6x9 connection.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts

They also come with a Premium sound system which includes 6x9's inthe front + rear doors and (2) tweeters in the dadh.

which has a total of (10) speakers.. (3) in the dash, 6x9's in the doors, (2) 3.5" tweeters in the rear shelf, and a 8" subwoofer in the rear shelf...

I have the Premium Sound and added a 12" sub & amp. I tapped into the rear drivers side 6x9 connection.
3.5" are not tweeters..

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,445 Posts

which has a total of (10) speakers.. (3) in the dash, 6x9's in the doors, (2) 3.5" tweeters in the rear shelf, and a 8" subwoofer in the rear shelf...

Alpine is 9 speakers. 2 in the dash, 4 in the doors, 2 on the rear deck, and the sub

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Alpine is 9 speakers. 2 in the dash, 4 in the doors, 2 on the rear deck, and the sub
Wrong, the sub doesn't count as a speaker in the number count from Dodge.
3 3.5s in the front dash
4 6x9s in the doors
2 3.5s in the rear deck
1 8" sub in the rear deck.

My 2014 Durango R/T also has the 9 speaker Alpine system and it goes like this:
2 tweeters at the top of the doors by the dash
1 3.5" in the center of the dash
2 6x9s in the front doors
2 6.5s in the rear doors
2 3.5s on the rear side window moulding
1 8" sub in the trunk stoarage area.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
3.5" are not tweeters..
our 300c has the Boston Acoustic Sou.d system with three 3.5" speakers in the dash and they are tweeters.

3 3.5s in the front dash
4 6x9s in the doors
2 3.5s in the rear deck

2 6.5s in the rear doors
Thanks for the clarification... I knew there was a total of 10

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
our 300c has the Boston Acoustic Sou.d system with three 3.5" speakers in the dash and they are tweeters.
I prefer to call them speakers :crazy:

Also, do you guys think better to stay with 6x9s or replace them with 6.5" 2 way component system? I've found a good deal on Focals…

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I prefer to call them speakers :crazy:

Also, do you guys think better to stay with 6x9s or replace them with 6.5" 2 way component system? I've found a good deal on Focals…
I plan to get the factory plug-in-play KICKER replacements, even my 'premium sound', apparently the speakers are a low quality plastic or whatever you want to call it (low quality). Where as the Kickers have a really durable surround, and the front door speakers are 6X9 woofers :D

Jake replaced all his with the Kickers and they sounds absolutely fantastic!! :)

·
Mopar 13 Moderator
5,445 Posts
3 3.5s in the front dash
4 6x9s in the doors
2 3.5s in the rear deck

2 6.5s in the rear doors
In this case, being wrong is a good thing lol. Thanks

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I plan to get the factory plug-in-play KICKER replacements, even my 'premium sound', apparently the speakers are a low quality plastic or whatever you want to call it (low quality). Where as the Kickers have a really durable surround, and the front door speakers are 6X9 woofers :D

Jake replaced all his with the Kickers and they sounds absolutely fantastic!! :)
I'm getting either Focal 6x9s or Focal 6.5" everything is better than OEM!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.