Dodge Dart Forum banner
21 - 40 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, after you remove the glove box, you can crawl under your dash and look. If you have the two antennas connected, then your set to go. The second method is to drop your headliner and look up to see if you have two cables coming out.

There MAY be a third method. There is a kick panel under the glove box. Remove that. On my car, there was a connection for the antenna that you can see under the glove box. I AM GUESSING that if you have both cables, there will be a connection for both of them. One is white, one is tan.

I would highly discourage you from dropping the headliner unless you absolutely have to. P.I.T.A x5

I haven't solved the flashing odometer, but there is a post where another member has.
Ok. I'll check it out. Appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I updated the first post with pictures/information about the Nav/Sirius antenna cables to include pricing and part numbers.

I completed the install and currently working on uploading pictures.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well, after you remove the glove box, you can crawl under your dash and look. If you have the two antennas connected, then your set to go. The second method is to drop your headliner and look up to see if you have two cables coming out.

There MAY be a third method. There is a kick panel under the glove box. Remove that.(snaps in place at the two front corners) On my car, there was a connection for the antenna that you can see under the glove box. I AM GUESSING that if you have both cables, there will be a connection for both of them. One is white, one is tan.

I would highly discourage you from dropping the headliner unless you absolutely have to. P.I.T.A x5

I haven't solved the flashing odometer, but there is a post where another member has.

BTW: If the connectors are there, get a picture. In fact, when you change the radio, get pictures of the installed radio.
The Blinking odometer indicates that your BCM needs updating to calibrate to whatever equipment you installed. this can be done at the factory takes like 5 mins. I just had it done for my fog light kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So if I have the Sat radio and Bluetooth setup already can I just add the Nav or do I need to swap with a radio with all of it. I saw an installation from NATV on you tube of installing the nav in but it was not very defined what he was actually installing. I would like to add the Nav if I can and it seems if I had the right adapter I should be able to.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The Blinking odometer indicates that your BCM needs updating to calibrate to whatever equipment you installed. this can be done at the factory takes like 5 mins. I just had it done for my fog light kit.
If you have been able to follow along on my adventure, you would know that I have been to the dealership four times.
Actually what needs to be done is a proxi alignment on the IPC itself, not the bcm.
Unfortunately, it took us over two months to find a tech who found out how to do it.

But thanks for the thought.

·
Registered
667 Posts
So if I have the Sat radio and Bluetooth setup already can I just add the Nav or do I need to swap with a radio with all of it. I saw an installation from NATV on you tube of installing the nav in but it was not very defined what he was actually installing. I would like to add the Nav if I can and it seems if I had the right adapter I should be able to.
To get nav, you need to swap the re2 radio for a rb5 radio.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm looking at performing this swap from the re2 to the rb5 for navigation. I currently have sat radio so my wiring seems good to go. I'm wondering where you guys are finding these rb5 units for $150? I looked at car-parts, and they didn't appear to have anything? Everywhere else is $500-$1500. Am I looking at the wrong stuff? A little help please. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Search for " receiver rb5" that's how I found it last week through car parts. I took a screen shot of the search results when I found it . maybe if u give them stock number it will help. AX2502 was my stock number . try giving them this n hope it comes up. I called LKQ in Michigan

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just to clarify... would the following statements be accurate?

• If you have an RE2 radio and you have SAT RADIO, you have the GPS antennae.
  • If that is true then you only need to install the RB5 radio and head to the dealer for programming?

Has anyone seen this picture ? Is this the all inclusive SAT/GPS antennae? If so then removing the glove box is not necessary to confirm. You would only need to remove the cover on the top of the dash.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I''m having the same problem as Dart13. I just cant seem to find the RB5 radio/receiver on car-parts.com. Any clarification on the correct search procedure would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'm finding a ton of them on there. But I have emails out to 6 of them to make sure it is the RB5, and not the RE2. Lets see what they tell me back. The ones I am finding range from $200 to $500.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Just to clarify... would the following statements be accurate?

• If you have an RE2 radio and you have SAT RADIO, you have the GPS antennae.
  • If that is true then you only need to install the RB5 radio and head to the dealer for programming?

Has anyone seen this picture ? Is this the all inclusive SAT/GPS antennae? If so then removing the glove box is not necessary to confirm. You would only need to remove the cover on the top of the dash.

View attachment 20570
That is a gps antenna that you can add into your car. I've never heard of anybody who actually has it, or who has added it. I don't even know if it will pick up sat radio. I can tell you that it has a different connector than what out radios use, so you would need an adapter.

Correct, if you have sat, you have the nav antenna.

You don't need to remove the glove box to check for the sat/nav antenna, just remove the trim panel under the dash on the passenger side, then lay down in the foot well and look up. If you see a white connector and a beige connector, then you have both antennas.

What cover on the dash?

·
Registered
437 Posts
What cover on the dash?
I was referring to the cover called the Upper Pad and End Cap (Pictured #3 and 4). If you were to remove that it would reveal the dashboard 3.5" speakers as well as the add-on GPS antennae (if one were to have it installed there).

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely have SAT radio. I will remove the panel and check to see if the white and beige connectors are there. Then, all I need is an RB5 and VIN of original vehicle.

Text Auto part Line art Automotive exterior Font

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm finding a ton of them on there. But I have emails out to 6 of them to make sure it is the RB5, and not the RE2. Lets see what they tell me back. The ones I am finding range from $200 to $500.
When ur at the website search under "radio" in the drop down box if nothing comes up try " GPS" in the drop down box then look for part # PO4692350AD should say receiver only. That's what u need. And don't email them, call them directly . write down the stock number also if they can't find it by Rb5 give them the stock #. When I called they didn't find it and wanted to sell me the rb5 with the screen. I I told them I didn't need the screen just the radio ( receiver) at first they told me no that they couldn't sell just the radio. So I hung up n called 3 more times to the same place (Michigan) until I got the right answer n help. It was listed for $140 but sold it to me for $130 + shipping

21 - 40 of 238 Posts