Dodge Dart Forum banner
201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there.. Just trying to revive this old thread. Does anyone know the difference between part number P05091965 and P04692350? Both are posted as being used in this thread for the 8.4 RB5 upgrade. I'm looking to add satellite radio, navigation and Bluetooth to my car.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hey there.. Just trying to revive this old thread. Does anyone know the difference between part number P05091965 and P04692350? Both are posted as being used in this thread for the 8.4 RB5 upgrade. I'm looking to add satellite radio, navigation and Bluetooth to my car.
P05091965AE is what I bought and installed in my Dart that had the standard RE2 radio, it has NAV. and I think it had CPT13 map database. I think for the Bluetooth there is a separate module beyond the radio for that, plus the Mic AFAIK is built into the mirror.

·
Registered
12 Posts
P05091965AE is what I bought and installed in my Dart that had the standard RE2 radio, it has NAV. and I think it had CPT13 map database. I think for the Bluetooth there is a separate module beyond the radio for that, plus the Mic AFAIK is built into the mirror.
The radios with Nav have satellite radio right? Also what is the CPT13 map database? Thanks for replying so quickly! I have bought the mirror with mic have to set it up still however

·
Registered
881 Posts
The radios with Nav have satellite radio right? Also what is the CPT13 map database? Thanks for replying so quickly! I have bought the mirror with mic have to set it up still however
Mine does, I personally have not seen a RB5 without Sat Radio. the map data base is like the version, so you will see different ways of updating the maps if you try to do it on your own with a compatible stand alone Garmin GPS thats compatible. Otherwise you have to buy the map updates which I think are around 130 bucks or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine does, I personally have not seen a RB5 without Sat Radio. the map data base is like the version, so you will see different ways of updating the maps if you try to do it on your own with a compatible stand alone Garmin GPS thats compatible. Otherwise you have to buy the map updates which I think are around 130 bucks or so.
Perfect! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curious

My daughter just purchased a 2016 Dart and it has all the bells and whistles (satellite, backup cam, etc.) except it does not have Nav.

Do I need to find additional equipment to bring Nav onto her system?

I've been trying to search for information to add it but everything I find is kind of misleading.

My understanding is I need to find out what system she has and then find out if there is anything that can be done.

Can anyone direct me to what needs to be done to give her Nav?

Thanks folks!!

Don

·
Registered
881 Posts
My daughter just purchased a 2016 Dart and it has all the bells and whistles (satellite, backup cam, etc.) except it does not have Nav.

I've been trying to search for information to add it but everything I find is kind of misleading.

My understanding is I need to find out what system she has and then find out if there is anything that can be done.

Thanks folks!!

Don
You would have to buy the RB5 tuner that has Nav. If I had to do it all over again honestly I wouldn't even have bothered with doing the upgrade I just did it at that time to do it. Requires the tuner, then you have to remove the glove box to install the tuner which can be a PITA it itself. Then you have to go to the dealer and either get them to retrieve the anti-theft pin for the radio if you didnt get from whoever sold you the tuner, and then you have to pay the dealer for a proxy alignment.

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts

Thanks folks!!

Don
My recommendation is to buy her a good standalone GPS that comes with free updates. It's much easier than trying to add NAV to a non-NAV Dart, and it will almost certainly be a better GPS anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a question abkut the re2 swap to rb5 I have a 2013 and found a rb5 for a 2015 would that affect anything when swapping or no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
And also wondering what made you'll feel it was smarter to leave as a re2 any current issues swapping or just price was the issue?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Had a question abkut the re2 swap to rb5 I have a 2013 and found a rb5 for a 2015 would that affect anything when swapping or no?

There shouldn't be any issue with swapping with an RB5 from a 2015, in the end you need to get the Anti-Theft code for the unit from the dealer.

And also wondering what made you'll feel it was smarter to leave as a re2 any current issues swapping or just price was the issue?

I'd guess price, availability, or just not caring about not having integrated navigation.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There shouldn't be any issue with swapping with an RB5 from a 2015, in the end you need to get the Anti-Theft code for the unit from the dealer.

I'd guess price, availability, or just not caring about not having integrated navigation.
Awesome thanks for the help!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Well I have the opportunity now for free but question I have is the donor I have don't have a rear camera but mine does will that affect anything or nah?

·
Registered
242 Posts
anyone link the thread for the base 200 radio (non touch screen) to the rb5 with nav install please. I cant find it through the search feature and have looked back several pages to no avail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Backup cam should still work.
Thanks! Now problem is dealer by me is saying they don't think the swap is possible because the radio is Vin specific for that car but I know it is possible seeing on this thread guess I have to look elsewhere for help

·
Registered
881 Posts
Thanks! Now problem is dealer by me is saying they don't think the swap is possible because the radio is Vin specific for that car but I know it is possible seeing on this thread guess I have to look elsewhere for help

lol all they need to do is go to the parts department with the model/serial number off your new tuner, probably even the VIN number the car it came out of and the parts department should be able to pull the anti-theft code. Honestly if you just had the anti-theft code for the radio and had AlfaOBD or someone with it you wouldnt need the dealer for anything else.

They pulled the anti-theft pin for me. I just gave them the serial # of the new tuner and the vin it came out of, I had installed the tuner myself so it was at the "enter anti-theft code" screen, service writer came over like 10 mins later said "try this code" I input it and it worked. They then did a proxy alignment.

·
Registered
18 Posts
lol all they need to do is go to the parts department with the model/serial number off your new tuner, probably even the VIN number the car it came out of and the parts department should be able to pull the anti-theft code. Honestly if you just had the anti-theft code for the radio and had AlfaOBD or someone with it you wouldnt need the dealer for anything else.

They pulled the anti-theft pin for me. I just gave them the serial # of the new tuner and the vin it came out of, I had installed the tuner myself so it was at the "enter anti-theft code" screen, service writer came over like 10 mins later said "try this code" I input it and it worked. They then did a proxy alignment.
Yeah well they didn't know so I'm gonna try a online site for the anti theft code and I'm in the process to purchase obd alfa so I can do the proxi alignment myself hopefully it's all smooth

201 - 220 of 237 Posts