Dodge Dart Forum banner
181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thank you for the reply, that makes perfect sense. I've read this whole thread but I would like to summarize to make sure I'm understanding. I have a 15 Aero with Sirius radio. All I need to do is buy an RB5 unit for roughly 300-400 bucks have it installed and flashed for 200 ish? And voila I have nav correct? The only thing I won't have is directions in the TFT because there isn't a mainstream way of doing that yet correct?
Pretty much. Although if you are able to, I would install the tuner yourself. I could see just the install being around 250.00 then whatever your dealer charges for the proxy. There are step by step pictures in the electronics Wiki section on how to get the tuner out which is what I used when I replaced my RE2 with the RB5 and its spot on. When I took it in for the proxy I left the glove box out just incase they needed to pull the tuner for anything.

As far as turn by turn on the instrument cluster it appears to be hit or miss. I didnt have NAV (obviously) or a TFT I don't get turn by turn on my TFT cluster. I seen another member his car had NAV but no TFT, he did a TFT upgrade he gets turn by turn on his TFT. Not sure what the requirements are if its a certain part # TFT cluster and certain part # RB5 tuner or what...but its not a huge deal to just glance over at the 8.4.

So basically,

- Purchase RB5 Tuner
- Make sure to get Anti-Theft code for the tuner.
- If you can't get the tuner try and get the VIN of the car it came out of
- Take pictures of the label on top of the tuner with the part # and serial #.
* I've heard all they really need is the serial number but I was able to get the VIN and I wrote in sharpie on the tuner and took pictures of it with my phone.
- Install new RB5
- Go to dealer and get proxy alignment.

Just make sure to tell them you need the anti-theft code, the guy at the parts counter will take whatever info you have and try and retrieve it from the system. Then just make sure you get the anti-theft code and log it somewhere.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just ordered the RB5 for $150. Hopefully I don't run into too many issues. I have the one with siriusxm already so the nab should hopefully work off my existing antenna. I'll let you all know how it goes. Just gotta figure out how to enter the anti theft code.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Just ordered the RB5 for $150. Hopefully I don't run into too many issues. I have the one with siriusxm already so the nab should hopefully work off my existing antenna. I'll let you all know how it goes. Just gotta figure out how to enter the anti theft code.
Unless whoever you bought it from provided the Anti-Theft code you will need to have the dealers parts department obtain it for you. Take pictures of the top labels of the tuner before you install it. Then when you go to the dealer or (some have even gotten it over the phone) provide the serial # and they should be able to get it for you. Thats how I got mine, they made sure to get it and it unlocked before doing the proxy. Also make sure you make a note of it. If you were provided the anti-theft code it will pop up as soon as you turn the car on with it installed. But there should be no reason why it won't work in your car unless they cannot provide you the Anti-Theft pin. I emailed my self the PIN and also put it in a text file in One Drive if I ever need it. I also took pictures of my original tuners SIRUSXM ESN just incase.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unless whoever you bought it from provided the Anti-Theft code you will need to have the dealers parts department obtain it for you. Take pictures of the top labels of the tuner before you install it. Then when you go to the dealer or (some have even gotten it over the phone) provide the serial # and they should be able to get it for you. Thats how I got mine, they made sure to get it and it unlocked before doing the proxy. Also make sure you make a note of it. If you were provided the anti-theft code it will pop up as soon as you turn the car on with it installed. But there should be no reason why it won't work in your car unless they cannot provide you the antitheft pin.
They didn't provide me with the code but they did give me the vin# of the car it came out of. Hopefully 1 of the 3 Dodge dealerships in my area can do the code and the proxy thing. I'm just going to install the RB5 myself and hope the glovebox doesn't give me too many problems.

·
Registered
896 Posts
They didn't provide me with the code but they did give me the vin# of the car it came out of. Hopefully 1 of the 3 Dodge dealerships in my area can do the code and the proxy thing. I'm just going to install the RB5 myself and hope the glovebox doesn't give me too many problems.
Thats what I did. I took it in with it all back together except for the glove box incase it needed to come back out for whatever reason. It was pretty painless except on the wallet. Parts dept pulled the code using the serial # it took like 10 mins or so for that, then like an hr for the proxy and the 125.00 the dealer charges for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats what I did. I took it in with it all back together except for the glove box incase it needed to come back out for whatever reason. It was pretty painless except on the wallet. Parts dept pulled the code using the serial # it took like 10 mins or so for that, then like an hr for the proxy and the 125.00 the dealer charges for it.
Well, at least it's still cheaper then having the dealership order the part and then installing it and programming it. Do you know if it shows the turns and such from the navigation on the screen with the speedometer as well?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Well, at least it's still cheaper then having the dealership order the part and then installing it and programming it. Do you know if it shows the turns and such from the navigation on the screen with the speedometer as well?
Mine doesnt, but it seems to be a toss up as to whether or not thats going to work. Mine doesnt have the option to display on the TFT, but another members does not either but gets turn by turn. Not a huge deal breaker but would be nice Can you post the Part # of your RB5 you got?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine doesnt, but it seems to be a toss up as to whether or not thats going to work. Mine doesnt have the option to display on the TFT, but another members does not either but gets turn by turn. Not a huge deal breaker but would be nice Can you post the Part # of your RB5 you got?
I just ordered it today but I'll let you know when I get it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome trying to see if its a part # issue or what. The RB5 I got was Part # P05091965AE
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I've been really busy. This is the label on the unit I got, it's out of a GT.

pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Attachments

181 - 200 of 238 Posts