Dodge Dart Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have my 2016 Dart stall a couple times in the past few weeks. 2.4 L engine

First time, backing out of driveway, small decline, about 10 degrees celsius... backed up about 20 feet and turned hard right onto the street and it died when I braked. No warning lights, full power to the dash, no power from the engine.

Second time...

Very Steep incline (15+ % grade), car spun out on the gravel and slid backwards and stalled. No lights on dash or anything, engine cut out....

Car had about a half tank of fuel both times.

Any Thoughts..

·
Administrator
5,337 Posts
If this is the 2.4 engine, check the oil level. Multiair 2.4 will stall if there is low oil. Oil consumption is a known issue with the 2.4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is the 2.4 engine, check the oil level. Multiair 2.4 will stall if there is low oil. Oil consumption is a known issue with the 2.4.
I worried about that the first time, but the second time was the day after I had changed the oil. So I'm not worried about that...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Have you figured anything out on this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The times it did it it never through a code, then finally gave me a check engine light. That’s how I got the code pulled and figured out the issue. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The times it did it it never through a code, then finally gave me a check engine light. That’s how I got the code pulled and figured out the issue. :)
My 2015 GT 2.4L has just started cutting out, has happened 4 times in the last 3 weeks. The oil is fine, kind of hoping it IS the crankshaft position sensor, but no code yet.

·
Administrator
5,337 Posts
Look for a harness rub through. Something important is grounding out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did it again a couple of days after my last post, and the engine light came on. It was the crankshaft circuit, so I figured a $40 crankshaft position sensor was a cheap enough thing to try, especially since it was easy to change. Has been fine for over a week now. Fingers crossed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts