Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have my 2016 Dart stall a couple times in the past few weeks. 2.4 L engine

First time, backing out of driveway, small decline, about 10 degrees celsius... backed up about 20 feet and turned hard right onto the street and it died when I braked. No warning lights, full power to the dash, no power from the engine.

Second time...

Very Steep incline (15+ % grade), car spun out on the gravel and slid backwards and stalled. No lights on dash or anything, engine cut out....

Car had about a half tank of fuel both times.

Any Thoughts..

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
If this is the 2.4 engine, check the oil level. Multiair 2.4 will stall if there is low oil. Oil consumption is a known issue with the 2.4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is the 2.4 engine, check the oil level. Multiair 2.4 will stall if there is low oil. Oil consumption is a known issue with the 2.4.
I worried about that the first time, but the second time was the day after I had changed the oil. So I'm not worried about that...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Have you figured anything out on this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The times it did it it never through a code, then finally gave me a check engine light. That’s how I got the code pulled and figured out the issue. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Unforgiven118
Dodge Dart Forum
Dodge-Dart.org is a forum dedicated to the Dodge Dart. Join and participate in discussions about body kits and performance mods. Get the latest tips, news, browse the classifieds, and more!
Full Forum Listing