Dodge Dart Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I started my car (1.4t) it's coldish about -16 c. Upon starting it.. the car started knocking and almost died with low rpm after initial start ... gave it a bit of gas just to keep it at 2k rpm The engine light flashed for a bit then stayed on solid. It scared me shitless lol.. I plugged my code reader in and no codes came up... the knocking stopped after about...I'd say 4 mins.

I drove it around a bit still with a solid engine light... Parked it waited 10 mins .. restarted it and the light was gone.

Any idea what the problem may be??

(4mm waste gate adjustment was done on it previous couple days ago aswell as my other mods, but I don't think it was the other mods that caused it)

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
The problem is your code reader is not accessing all the modules. If the engine light is on there are codes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is your code reader is not accessing all the modules. If the engine light is on there are codes.
What confused me is the solid engine light went away after turning it off and letting it sit for a bit.

I'm hoping this will not be a reoccurring issue in this cold winter weather... Cause the engine knocking really scared me.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
The fact that the light went away means the problem is intermittent. That does not mean that a scanner can no longer read the code. The OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner with the alfaOBD android app would have no trouble showing you any stored code(s).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fact that the light went away means the problem is intermittent. That does not mean that a scanner can no longer read the code. The OBDLinkMX bluetooth scanner with the alfaOBD android app would have no trouble showing you any stored code(s).
Which model?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well if it start happening again quickly go under the hood and start unplugging the electrical connector on the fuel injectors one at a time.
If the fuel injector is firing correctly the engine will run even rougher until plug the connector back in.
If you unplug a fuel injector and there is no change in the idle quality, then that injector is not firing.

You could also try cleaning your fuel injectors through using fuel injector cleaner..
Perhaps they are all a bit dirty.
Or
Perhaps you got some bad fuel at the gas station??

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
The MX+ version will work with an I phone but alfaOBD is android only.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P1061 Maps sensor : circuits low

This is the code that was read...
Do I need a new sensor??

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
I answered your question in your other post. No need to double post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts